Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday Menu

[carbs][calories]
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
BREAKFAST - 18carb/181cal
-----MORNING BLENDER-SHAKE INGREDIENTS-----
[6][28] 2 sugarfree philly swirl ice cream pops
[0][5] 1 pinch of xanthan gum (use a bit more next time)
[4][12] 4 small/medium fresh strawberries
[1][15] 1 tbsp organic cocoa
[0][0] 2 oz purified water and ice cubes
[3][21] 1 scoop Amazing Grass Kidz Superfood drink powder
[4][100] scoop Jarrow vanilla whey protein powder
[0][0] dash of cayanne pepper
[0][0] dash of french vanilla extract
[0][0] dash of lemon extract
[0][0] dash of sea salt
[0][0] stevia

I added much less xanthan gum to my shake this morning–just a pinch between forefinger and thumb. The shake didn't thicken up so I will use a little more next time.
Results were that this was a thin shake with a hint of cooling from the lemon extract, nice touch of strawberry, mild chocolate flavor due to not using the dark cocoa this time, and that little hot-n-spicey kick that I like from the cayanne pepper.

LUNCH - 11carb/180cal
[11][180] Atkins coconut bar (I'm sure I'll feel the hunger pangs after this lunch.)

DINNER - 1.5carb/270cal
[0][60] 3oz deli chicken
[1.5][210] 3 slices of baby swiss

TOTAL - 30.5carb/631cal

4 comments:

  1. I just got linked here from Jimmy Moore's site. Congrats on doing so well. I looked at your daily menus and I noticed - holy crap, she's only eating 600 calories a day.....I'm new here - explain whazzup with this??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya. :)

    Whazzup is that I'm keeping an honest chronicle of what I eat and tally it up with comments so that hopefully it will help me in future to know what worked for me and what didn't and to help me to never regain the weight I've lost. I certainly don't suggest that others do as I do. I'm always happy to interact with other bloggers and see what is working/not working for them too. Each of us has to find our own path (and I'm always changing mine in reaction to what I think might work for me). I really enjoy being part of this supportive community and seeing what the other people are up to as well.

    I'm doing pretty darned low calorie this week, but I think my usual is around 1200 a day (prior to this week) and I didn't even worry about counting calories when I first started low carbing over a year ago. I went MUCH lower carb then though. I think I limited myself to 20 carbs a day back then.

    Anyway, I haven't found the magic pill (I wish!) ... I just keep slowly padding toward goal and adjusting to try different strategies as I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't so much trying to be critical as much as find out if the extra low calories was your "normal". (Since I did go back several days...) There's something to be said for switching things up & "shocking" your body to get out of a rut. The darned metabolism has a way of adjusting to what we do.

    I'm sure you're familiar with the Atkins "fat fast" which he suggested to people for a plateau buster. Others suggest mixing in some sprinting or other short-duration high-intensity exercise as a way to kick up the fat burn. Anyway, good luck. I like your blog & will check back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, some of the other bloggers here have done the Atkins fat fast but I haven't tried that yet. I'm losing, even if it's slowly now, so I think I'll stick with what I'm doing for the moment (that could change at any time, lol). :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...