Tuesday, August 25, 2009

icy hell

My glorious icemaker is giving me fits. The little scoopy-door mechanism thingy tends to get stuck, leaving the ice to melt until gone because no new ice can be scooped into the basket. Boo-Hoo. It is easy to get going again, but if I forget ... no ice for my morning shake.

No ice this morning. Crud.

I compensated for lack of icy goodness by adding 2 tablespoons of heavy cream to the water. Then I compensated again by adding an extra sugarfree icecream pop and a bit more water. This resulted in a shake that was half-tall (what do you call that in Starbucks speak?) and extra extra creamy and good. But not icy cold. Ah well, I drank it and had to run (go to work quickly, not actually run). It was delicious but I would have preferred ice to my calorie-carrying substitutions. Still, 23carbs and 333calories is within the normal range for my breakfast counts.

It's a heller week at work regarding amount of things that need to be accomplished. This type of week is actually relaxing though. Next week with be an ultra-hell week with the start of several new projects which will require creative concepting. That is ALWAYS more stressful than just finishing up a ton of work that has already been concepted. Odd that something that involves brain to be fully engaged is more draining than physical labor. :P

heller

noun

Slang: a person who week that is noisy, wild, reckless, etc.

Today should go fast. Except for the water-drinking. Ugh, more water. I do think I'm almost over the Green Tea headaches though. No headache this morning and I've been feeling more alert and ready to tackle brain-twisters than I was last week.

7 comments:

  1. We're getting busier, too. Guess that's the end of the summer doldrums, huh? Have you tried cussing at the icemaker... sorry, that's as technical as I get with icemakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right you are about it being more draining than actual manual labor!
    Here's to the H20 we both shall drink today!
    *glug, glug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. sucks sorry ice is a right not a privilege

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about having a back up ice tray in the freezer for days the ice maker has a fit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do ice machines only malfunction in the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh! no ice! That's not right! Your smoothie sounds awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such is the life in advertising, eh Jack? a little ice makes it tolerable! i have cussed at it but I feel bad in doing so because I was recently telling Cro that it was the most wonderfulest bestest gift he has ever bought for me.

    anne h - drinking another glass to you!

    ice is a right! you are also right Carlos. :)

    Sadekat - freezer ice tastes funny, or it's just my imagination, lol. anyway, i have an icemaker so it should work darn-it!

    JP - i want it to work all year long. i like ice even when it's cold outside.

    mac - smoothie was still good without the ice, but oh so much better with!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...