Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Menu

[carbs][calories]
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
BREAKFAST - 16carb/219cal
-----MORNING BLENDER-SHAKE INGREDIENTS-----
[0][0] 4 oz purified water and lots of ice cubes
[6][28] 2 sugarfree philly swirl ice cream pops
[1][100] 2 tbsp heavy cream
[4][70] 1 scoop "Whey to Go" vanilla bean whey protein powder
[0][0] dash of organic vanilla extract
[1][11] 2 tsp cayenne pepper
[1][5] 1 tbsp dark cocoa
[0][0] dash of Also Salt (inspired by Harry)
[0][5] 1 pinch of xanthan gum
[3][0] 3 stevia packets

… spicy HOT HOT but also very good. I've been reading lots about the benefits of cayenne pepper. It claims to fight inflammation, be a natural pain reliever, have cardiovascular benefits such as reducing cholesterol, clear congestion, boost immunity, help prevent stomach ulcers, increase weight loss through thermogenesis and increased oxygen consumption. With all of those claims, I feel good about adding it to my morning shake. I added a bit much this morning though. WhooEeee HOT! :)

Lunch - 13carb/250cal
I brought:
[5][150] half a slice of zucchini bread (made with organic buckwheat flour)
[5][100] 85% dark cocoa
[3][0cal] green tea

Dinner - 1.5carb/435cal
[0][429] 3oz roast beef
[1.5][6] 6 radishes

TOTAL 30.5carb/904cal

I didn't count up the weekend but I know I had 540 calories worth of low carb ice cream yesterday along with a few spoonfuls of peanut butter throughout the day (easy with no preparation, I didn't feel like cooking, I felt like blah). It feels good to be back to the routine of the work week and know that I'll be on track with the usual strictness and recording my meals.

2 comments:

  1. It's a brave woman who eats radishes, but it's a braver one who puts two teaspoons of cayenne pepper in their beverage.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...