Friday, August 21, 2009

Shaking out to be Friday

It's here! It's here!
Friday that is.
I'm 175 again and …
I'm in extraordinarily good spirits (and I sure hope nothing fricks with that!).

Yesterday was the definition of purgatory. Hell but I worked through it and now it's Friday. Today may also suck, but Friday is immune to much suckage by it's close proximity and association to the weekend.

I got up this morning at 5am. I had realized that the icemaker was procrastinating on it's critically important job of making a key ingredient for my morning shake. I had been contemplating the meaning of the lack of ice since 3am, off and on between intermittent bouts of sleep. I felt a furry paw tap on my bedcovers at 4:45 am ... this brought a smile to my face as well as a scowl, knowing that I should get up early. Thus ended my night of sleep.

In messing with (cussing at) the icemaker I woke Cro, who got up and saved the day (my breakfast) by beating on the icemaker and making it beg forgiveness with promises of ice.

After all that, my shake still sucked, but not as badly as yesterday's. I made it with a half cup of whipping cream, hoping that would be a fine replacement for my usual sugarfree ice cream pop ingredient. Well, it didn't make the shake all that great, and that is actually a good thing because I only drank half of it. On looking up the counts for heavy whipping cream I was very very VERY happy that I didn't care for it enough to drink the whole thing. The shake was 322 calories (for HALF!). If it had been good I might have drank nearly my whole day of calories for breakfast. I know better than to eat first and ask questions later. I really really do. GRRR

So anyway, it's Friday. I HAVE to stop by Sam's Club tonight to pick up more of those sugarfree Philly Swirl ice cream pops. I also HAVE to order more non-bitter liquid stevia. TODAY. I also HAVE to pay my power and cable bills TODAY, but those aren't as important as ordering more stevia, lol. Ok, they are. No power and icemaker won't be able to make ice. No cable and I won't be able to blog and tell you about it. :P

2 comments:

  1. I still haven't tried the Philly Swirl ice cream pops. Sound tasty! I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back from a trip to Sam's Club to stock up on some more for my morning shakes. I don't know why, but they make my morning shakes thicker than using heavy cream. They also are less carbs and calories than using heavy cream. Thanks for commenting! Checking out your blog right now.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...