Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday Menu

[carbs][calories]
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
BREAKFAST - 19carb/183cal
-----MY SHAKE INGREDIENTS-----
[6][28] 2 sugarfree philly swirl ice cream pops
[0][15] 2 tsp xanthan gum
[5][14] 5 small/medium fresh strawberries
[0][0] 2 oz purified water and ice cubes
[3][21] 1 scoop Amazing Grass Kidz Superfood drink powder
[4][100] scoop Jarrow vanilla whey protein powder
[1][5] 1 tbsp Hershey's DARK cocoa powder
[0][0] dash of cayanne pepper
[0][0] dash of vanilla extract
[0][0] dash of banana extract
[0][0] dash of sea salt
[0][0] stevia

I added xanthan gum to my shake this morning ... a little TOO MUCH xanthan gum. I had to switch blenders in the middle because my mini-blender couldn't do the job and I think it was very close to burning out it's motor. The large blender did just fine, but it did groan out this comment: "damn girl, what did you mix in today, concrete?"
Results were that this was a very thick shake (thick like pudding), dark chocolate flavor with a hint of banana and strawberry. Next time I will use MUCH LESS xanthan gum. MUCH MUCH less.

LUNCH - 11carb/180cal
[11][180] Atkins coconut bar (I'm sure I'll feel the hunger pangs after this lunch.)

DINNER - 13carb/254cal
[0][160] 4oz chicken breast
[8][80] 10 brussels sprouts
[5][14] 5 (mix of medium and small) strawberries

TOTAL - 43carb/617cal

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...