Friday, August 7, 2009

Veggy-dipper Tales

Stating the obvious–Friday is finally here again!

I'm a little disappointed that the scale didn't move today, but I get spoiled easily and reaching 177 yesterday rather than having to wait until end of the week was enough to do it. This half pound a week crawl is killing me. Enough with the boring weight-complaint and on to somewhat less boring stuff.

This weekend should be both fun and speedy. We will be visiting my mom&dad, no horseback riding this time (must stay clean for the company picnic later!). Visiting, lots of hugging, chatting, more hugging and lots of "I love you's" will be shared ... then it's off to said company picnic packing my carry-in of low carb dip and veggy dippers. We decided upon the cashew dip (first in the list I posted a few days ago) and a ranch dip that Cro is going to come up with. The dippers will be celery sticks, baby carrots, zucchini strips, red bell pepper slices, maybe cherry tomatoes (those are the small ones, right?), slices of daikon, endive, and that should be enough. I also read an article suggesting that a hollowed-out pepper makes a great bowl for the dip. Since we are bringing multiple dips, perhaps 3 pepper bowls in variety of color would be cute surrounded by the veggy slices for dipping. I like that idea.

Here are my top two dip choices that might end up making the cut:
Cashew Veggie Dip
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 ounce cream cheese
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 clove garlic (or 1/8 tsp garlic powder)
1/2 tsp sea salt

Spicy Cheese Veggie Dip
8 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces sour cream
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin


With Cro helping me I'm not worried about the preparation. He'll make sure we get it just right.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome dish. Hope you guys have fun.

    Hey, I just posted some more ridiculous Nursery Rhymes. I'm counting on you to add some more to it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy!! and thank you for sending me the the link again. It looks great!
    Hugs and blessings,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack - sorry I didn't have time to think of nursery rhymes today but I read a bit of yours and they are WAY funny. :)

    Vikki! So glad you are back!
    *big hugs for my gal*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hollowed out peppers bowls ... a nice touch. :-)

    Hope you enjoy your family time and the picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Harry! I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...