Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday Menu

[carbs][calories]
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– - - -
BREAKFAST - 20carb/208cal
[6][28] 2 sugarfree philly swirl ice cream pops
[0][30] 1 tbsp rum
[6][24] 4 large fresh strawberries
[0][0] 2 oz purified water and ice cubes
[3][21] 1 scoop Amazing Grass Kidz Superfood drink powder
[4][100] scoop Jarrow vanilla whey protein powder
[1][5] 1 tbsp Hershey's DARK cocoa powder
[0][0] dash of cayanne pepper
[0][0] dash of vanilla extract
[0][0] dash of coconut extract
[0][0] dash of banana extract
[0][0] dash of lemon extract
[0][0] dash of sea salt
[0][0] stevia
… I had intended to add xanthan gum to see if it would thicken the shake, but forgot. This shake was thick and tasty anyway. Very dark chocolaty with a hint of rum and strawberry. The rest got lost under those flavors.

LUNCH - 11carb/180cal
[11][180] Atkins coconut bar (yes, very hungry)

DINNER - 10.5carb/306cal
[0][60] 3oz deli chicken
[1.5][210] 3 slices of baby swiss
[9][36] 6 large fresh strawberries

TOTAL - 41.5carb/694cal

2 comments:

  1. Oct,

    Sorry if this is a nutty question but do you *add* the popsicles to the shake?

    I think the xanthan gum would certainly work. Start off slowly though! A little dash will do ya!

    The egg white protein I use has a little XG in it. I can definitely tell the difference between the Jarrow whey and the egg protein (thickness wise).

    A pat on the back for you for working so hard for success. You'll get there. I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that whole big list of things before my comment about how the shake turned out are things that go into the blender. I used xanthan gum in my shake this morning. I wish I'd read your comment before I made it because mine turned out a bit too pudding-like. Tomorrow I'll just use a touch of it! :) Thanks for the encouragement ... I have good news from my scale to report in today's post!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...