Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I spy with my little eye

I feel like my day to day happenings are boring everyone to death. :P

The internet connection from work was down until 10am, ick. Luckily I had plenty of files on the thumb drive so could stay busy with work that didn't require an internet connection. In fact, I think the lack of email, blog, facebook, etc. distractions was probably a good thing. Especially not being distracted by emails requesting that I stop what I'm doing in order to take care of little emergency projects. Bah, the internet is back up now so here I go taking care of emergencies before I get back to your "normal scheduled programming".

The big project is pretty much out of my hands now. I have no idea if it will launch Thursday but like a parent teaching the kid to ride a bike, at some point you just have to let go. That isn't a true analogy since the kid is more like a robot that still needs all of it's wiring installed ... but that is out of my hands so I wish it the best and let go.

Tuesday. blah.

I have another big project due tomorrow and I'm sure I'll get my arms around it at some point today. For now I'm blogging and thinking happy thoughts about how good my protein shake was this morning and how much I'm looking forward to my scant lunch (only an hour away!). These are the things that a hungry girl thinks about. At least this morning I feel especially attuned to my hunger pangs. grrrowlll

I had to wear a sweater for the first time this fall. And, for the first time in several years I'm wearing a selection from my "used to be too small" stash of sweaters. It is actually too big but too big of a sweater is better than wearing one of my summer shirts and having goosebumps on top of goosebumps. Those aren't the type of lovely lady lumps that I'm after. I'm sad that the warm weather seems to have left Indiana for the year, but Halloween is just around the corner so that makes me happy. That will be my birthday and I'll probably take a couple of days vacation-time to celebrate. :) I want LASIK for my birthday this year. No, I won't get it ... too expensive ... but maybe birthday-Santa will drop some love on me.

*I just googled LASIK and apparently they don't allow it if one has an auto-immune disorder (some bunk about slower healing). Maybe if I don't tell them that I have MS. :( I don't take meds for it other than a once-a-year solu-medrol treatment so I'm certainly not on meds that slow my healing. I so so so so SO want LASIK and to not have to wear contact lenses (nor *gasp* glasses) anymore. I'd be paying out of pocket (insurance doesn't cover it) so not telling them about the MS hurts no one. They probably have ways to know regardless. :/

4 comments:

  1. You're not boring me. I like to read about people's daily stuff. It's real life.

    And YAY for wearing a sweater from the previously too small pile. Now that's a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you said: It is out of my hands, so I wish it the best and let it go. I need to learn that. I want to be more like that.

    Thank you for sharing your insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloween ... what will you be this year? I haven't dressed up in years.

    Hope your project is received well and the next one(s) proceeds swimmingly. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany - I'm glad there are a few people out there who aren't bored by my day. :) Thanks for the sweet comments!

    anne - It's easier said than done. I let it go but I still worry over it when I'm not buried in other things that require worrying about, lol.

    JP - I think I will wear pajamas to work for Halloween this year! If I'm not able to take the day off that is. I'm actually excited about wearing pajamas. Thanks for the well-wishes. We'll know how it went when we review things next Tuesday (well we'll know tomorrow, but we meet to discuss and make plans for next steps on Tuesday).

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...