Sunday, September 13, 2009

Meh

Dad's news wasn't good. The doctor found several partially blocked arteries in his heart. The worst one is blocked 90% with another 50% blockage in the same artery a little bit preceding it. The Vincennes hospital is not equipped with the needed equipment so dad's cardiologist is perhaps going to send him to a hospital here in Indy next week. He is going to assess the situation Wednesday at Vincennes and sent dad home in the meantime with nitro.

Even small exertion causes dad tremendous chest pain now. He is still in good spirits and hopeful that stents can take care of this. We are mentally preparing for open-heart surgery though.

5 comments:

  1. My father went through open heart surgery five years ago. The technology has changed so much, improved so much. I know it's scary to you and your family, but they can really perform miracles these days.

    Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it won't come to that, Oct. If it does, at least the surgery will be conducted at a different hospital. I know that may not ease your mind much though.

    I'm sorry you're all going through this difficult time. My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your rough news.
    You and your dad will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They fix a lot with stents now. I wish him the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all ... you guys are so giving with words of support and it means a great deal to me.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...