Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Visitors!

My parents are visiting today. Yay! :) It feels like a vacation day although it isn't a vacation day at all. In fact, I've been here at work for over 2 hours already and it isn't even 8:30am yet. I'll be leaving work at 2 (which will be an 8 hour day evenly if I don't take a lunch). I might walk to Jimmy Johns to quickly pick up an unwich anyway, but that will only take 15 minutes.

I got up at 4am this morning, rushed to get ready for work and make my protein shake and drank my protein shake while I vacuumed the floors again. Multi-tasking for the win! Everything is in good shape at home so the visit should not cause me stress. It IS causing me a happy euphoric feeling however. I <3 mom & dad.

As I shopped Walmart last night I gave mom and call to double check whether dad preferred regular cola or diet. She then relayed a special request from dad for tonight's dinner. He asked if we could have Thai food. Now THAT was cute and endearing to me because last time he and mom spent the night at my place I had picked up Thai food for them from a local mom&pop restaurant (literally) run by a sweet elderly Thai couple. The food is so amazing there. It must have made a big impression because that was about 8 years ago and my dad is requesting it for tonight. I don't think he'd ever had it prior to that visit 8 years ago nor since then. I will certainly be HAPPY to pick up Thai food and will be happy to see that old couple again when I pick it up. They haven't seen me for well over a year and a half, before I lost all of this weight. This will be fun. :)

Hurry up 2pm! I have a couple of meetings before then and the day is already going by quickly.

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes waiting seems like it takes forever.
    Have a great visit! What with the "transformation" and all....
    Can't wait to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, that's sweet. I don't think I've ever eaten Thai food. Have a great time visisting with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Char - I used to eat it at least once a week ... this was before I lost 100+ pounds and I haven't eaten it since. It is very delicious and so not worth it. :)

    anne - it's almost time! 30 more minutes and my work day is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited that your parents are visiting. I know I get so excited every year when my parents visit me.

    I hope everything goes well!! I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drinking a protein shake while you vaccuum, now that's what I call dedication. Women are such better multitaskers than men.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...