Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hump Day? I don't think so!

Today is my Friday. :) And like a hobbit I plan to enjoy my second weekend (vacation days) ... but not second breakfast! I don't know about you guys but I find idle time the most difficult when it comes to weight loss. Cro has to work tomorrow and Friday so I'll be alone and finding ways to keep myself on the cool down (meaning relaxing and recharging for the stress and challenges that are sure to come next week when I get back to work) and away from the temptation to eat out of boredom. I have big plans to renew my license on Thursday and then go to SuperTarget for some birthday shopping. Nothing crazy since I haven't hit the lottery yet and we are still in troubled times, but I do need some new clothes that are smaller-size and chilly weather appropriate. After Target I'll probably see what Kohls or TJ Max has to offer. Those are unfamiliar territory but I think I'll be able to find clothing that fits me there now. It will be fun to look. My spending limit (I might as well set one now) is around $200. I should be able to get a few things for that since I don't need a new jacket, am stocked up on jeans, and can resist (maybe!) buying shoes.

Hey, I could do some early Christmas shopping if my $200 clothing spree isn't enough shopping to burn me out. I hate Christmas shopping and usually do most of it online but it's early enough and will be middle of the week that I doubt the stores will be overly crowded.

Boy, blogger-land has been quiet lately. I hope you are all doing well. Here's a shout-out to Maddy and best wishes for getting back to normal after that fender bender (more like an entire-car bender/demolisher from what I heard).

I called mom and dad this morning. Mom was frightened that I'd called so early and first thing she asked was "Is Cro okay?!?". I guess I called a little too early for them. It was 7:30 and they are farm people ... gee. :) Yes, everyone is okay, Cro is still sick but in no danger of croaking. I thanked them for the birthday card and chatted a little while. Mom always sends cards which feature photos or paintings of horses. She is so horse-crazy (loves horses). I regret that I don't live closer to them. Spending my day shopping with mom would be much more fun than spending it shopping alone. The bad thing about mid-week days off is that all of the people I would like to hang out with are either working or too far away. Wah. Wah. Wah. At least I'll have the days off and I'm sure I'll find a way to enjoy the heck out of them!

Oh, I joined some silly "blog every day and be entered to win one of several mostly hand-made etsy-shop donated prizes" yesterday. NaBloPoMo (National Blog Post Month or something like that). I even started a low carb group since one didn't exist. I'm the only member still as of this morning. lol

And that wraps up my morning chitchat.

5 comments:

  1. I'm the only member in most of my groups, too.

    Enjoy your time off (well deserved after the last few weeks, I'd say).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look for the link to low carb group.
    Enjoy your long weekend, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's the link to your low carb group? I'll join up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The group I created: http://www.nablopomo.com/group/livinglowcarb

    I don't know what to do with it, but I thought it might connect me with more low carbers. So far it's just me, lol.

    Thanks guys. :D Vacation time! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your four day weekend, birthday girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...