Wednesday, October 21, 2009

planned distractions

Because of my crazy "only shakes and yogurt" promise for Monday-Thursday this week I've been planning things to do right after work to distract myself from not being able to eat dinner. I think it has worked great so far.

Monday - I stayed late at work
Tuesday (wow, was that only yesterday) - I got my hair cut
Wednesday (tonight!) - I'm going to the grocery store to pick up more shake ingredients and a few more yogurts (sigh). Also I'll get some beef and veggies for Cro's wonderful veggy beef stew and ingredients to make a low carb cheesecake this weekend.
Thursday (tomorrow) - no idea but Survivor is on at 8pm, yay.
Friday! - I don't HAVE to eat yogurts so I will go home and make/eat a normal low-carb dinner and it will be great to chew something after four days without. Woot!

That's the plan of distraction to get me through the yogurt deprivation evenings. I feel empowered.

3 comments:

  1. "only shakes and yogurt" for four days does what for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've certainly got a lot of culture (sorry, little yogurt joke there).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Char - low carbohydrate and low calorie ... inspired by my mom and aunts who are doing a new "fad" diet called The Yogurt Diet. They aren't using low carb yogurts though so I added my own LC restriction to see what would happen. So far so good but I miss the sensation of "eating!" and can't wait until tomorrow when I'm done with my four day promise.

    Jack - hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...