Thursday, October 22, 2009

ring ring ... ring ring ... ring ring

I'm looking forward to getting back to eating things other than yogurt tomorrow. I has been a great exercise in building strength of will but I don't really see that it has moved the scale much. I'm still hanging on to one of those three pounds that I had gained but I have no doubt that I will shed it eventually with my normal LC eating.

The sky was so beautifully interesting this morning that I was compelled to take this PHONEtograph (phone photo). Unfortunately my mobile's camera didn't capture what impressed me with the naked eye. You can see the hood of my Jeep and my covered tandem parking spot though. :)

I placed my home phone on the "do not call" list a long while ago to stop telemarketing calls. Is this still available or was getting placed on that list a one-time thing only? I just got a new land line and the telemarketing calls are driving me mad already!

Jicama! Cro had bought a couple of these for us to try several weeks ago, we chucked them into the pantry and forgot about them. Well, they don't keep like potatoes ... eww. I disposed of them because they were beyond saving. I bought a couple more small jicama last night (although there were several to choose from at the grocery, most of them looked to be not so fresh). I just read that they store for up to two weeks in the refrigerator so I will get them into the fridge when I get home tonight. I plan to cut them up into thin french fry shapes, toss them into paprika, chili powder, onion powder or I don't know what spices along with seas salt and ground pepper, then bake them until crisp. I may also try a few tossed in the spices and left raw. I'll let you know how they turn out. Now I need to find a good recipe for horseradish dip because I think maybe possibly perhaps that horseradish dip might be a great choice to pair with them.

I found a horseradish dip recipe that looks good. Mix all and let chill for 20 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Makes 16 servings at 1.6carbs and 64 calories.
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 1/4 cup prepared horseradish, or to taste
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • salt to taste
  • 1 pinch paprika
  • 1 pinch garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
2:30 update -
Egad! my shoe has broken. The snap that holds my old Dr. Martin sandals together no longer has the tiny bit of metal between the two halves of the buckle to keep it all together and wrapped nicely around my ankle. Luckily I was only half a block from getting back to the office so didn't have far to go.

ONE TWO
I buckled my shoe.

THREE FOUR
But I can't no more. (stet)

FIVE SIX
Pliers made a temp fix.

SEVEN EIGHT
With a careful gait

NINE TEN
it won't break again (at least let it hold until I get home! please!)

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how the "fries" are going to turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angie! I will register my new number with the Do Not Call list as soon as I get home (because I don't remember my darned new number, lol). I've heard rave reviews about the jicama fries but i'll let you know what I think. I'm just not sure whether they will be better baked or raw but I'll try both ways to find out!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One-two... buckle my shoe... Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...