Sunday, November 1, 2009

The day after


And the last day of my 4-day weekend. It was a great birthday but I must admit I indulged in birthday cake and ice cream. I don't regret it but I do have new resolve to see the rest of these pounds shed. The cake above was loving made and decorated by Cro. Thank you honey, it was as cute as it was delicious.

I got lots of happy birthday wishes, delightfully 16 of them were delivered on facebook. Old high school classmates, relatives, long-distance friends, close-by friends, co-workers and even my boss wished me happy birthday on facebook. How fun!

Now, back to low carb. I talked last week about perhaps referring to my low carb beginnings that I thankfully have here in this blog. I will use those days as a guide. I remember where I was when I wrote a lot of them. It will be fun to relive those days from the perspective of a me who is getting close ... almost at the weight I want to be and yet holding the hand of the old me as I head toward goal. I have real life experience written out before me in over a year of blog entries. That is so cool.

Today I may go shopping for another outfit to wear to my client presentation coming up on Tuesday. Tomorrow after work I'm going to see Where the Wild Things Are with Matt. :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome cake! Happy to hear of your happy day and Papa Oct's progress.

    Hope you enjoy Wild Things as much as many critics seem too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking cake, I want to lick the pumpkin right off :p

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...