Monday, December 14, 2009

Break's Over

I was a little worried about driving to work for the first time after LASIK since I leave for work when it is still dark and wasn't sure if my eyes would cooperate. They have been extremely blurry when I wake up in the morning but I regain their new sharpness a few minutes after having the lights on. I theorized that it might have something to do with them being dilated and wondered if the early morning drive in the darkness would be a problem. I also didn't know how much glare and halos I would experience from headlights since that it a common problem after LASIK. I'm happy to say that I had no trouble at all and that the halos and glare that I used to experience even with contact lenses or glasses was less. Woot!

I did experience a blurring fluctuation about half an hour ago but it seems to mostly be back to sharp now. I guess I need to take mini breaks to look away from my monitor for a couple of minutes how and then. Fluctuations in vision are also normal for 3 to 6 months I've read.

It is seven days after surgery and the burst capillaries of my left eye are almost back to normal. :D I'm still very happy that I had this done. It is so amazing to not have to wear glasses or contact lenses.

2 comments:

  1. Triple yay for no glasses or contacts. What a wonderful gift...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack - 3xYAY for sure.

    And since I accidentally deleted the rest of my comments when trying to remove an advertising link ... here they are retyped (any typos are mine and not the original authors!)

    SheZug said: How do your eyeballs feel? Did you experience any pain, other than the bit during the procedure?

    P.s. Is that your lunchbag behind you or a fabulous gift? I am so nosy!


    Stephanie said: is't it incredible to actually be able to SEE the alarm clock in the morning? I remember being really struck by that right after I had LASIK.

    SheZug - my eyes have felt a bit crappy since noon yesterday, but I'll post about that. All is well within normal and I just have to be patient (ack! I hate being patient) for them to heal. And lol ... behind me in the photo is a gift bag for our office party Friday. White Elephant gift exchange again (I love those). I am giving an old but unopened HALO 2 computer game (being given because it is for Windows only and I have a Mac) and a box of Crest Whitestrips which includes a bonus disposable camera.

    Stephanie - It is amazing to be able to see things! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...