Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Five Days!!!!!

One of the last "in glasses" pics I hopefully will ever take.
Eww, they make my eyes look small. Blah.

I'm so anxited (stet) about the upcoming LASIK Monday that I haven't even considered excitement about the accompanying week off work. I'll take a moment to consider it now ... hmm ... ahh ... squee?

Ok, didn't work, I'm still too full of anxiety/excitement about the LASIK to think about what I am going to do for the rest of the week. Maybe I'll LOOK at a lot of things! :D I am so hopeful and determined for nothing to go wrong. Once I'm over that hurdle my mind will be more free to think of all the implications of being able to finally SEE like a normal person. Consider that my glasses are so weak that the doctor said they seem to have been made for someone else. They are THAT old ... and yet like new because I chucked them (protected within their case) into a drawer for years and years and did not wear them. They are probably 10 years old. Fifth graders! lol

Also consider that I wasn't able to see nearly as well as my 65 year old mom even when I was wearing glasses.

A full report of all the things I can see as if for the first time is soon to come. :)

In diet news, still stuck but still treading the water like a good girl. Low carb yogurts and a limited amount of almonds have been my staple this week. Since I'm hungry I'm taking that as a good sign.

I only got to work an hour early this morning ... it seems like a vacation. Also, it's unusually quiet even though near 9am. Good things come in calm packages (preferably lavandar scented). Oh, I got a good groove going by coming in so early yesterday. Still lots to do but I'm not so stressed about that project now. I have 3 meetings for new projects still to come today and tomorrow. I just hope they all won't be due before the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I am excited for you. Good luck with the surgery and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...