Friday, December 11, 2009

Getting there!

The blood from burst capillaries is fading noticeable now. Top pic is from last night before bed and bottom pic is just after my shower first thing this morning. It's fading! No more discomfort in my right eye either. Oh, and the blurriness that I experience in the morning was only for about 10 minutes or so today ... me thinks the LASIK is a great success and I'll be as good as new in no time at all. Better than new! I'm very happy that I was able to have this done. I'm tempted to drop in on my MS doc with a little gift and big thanks for her recommendation of surgeon (that's a great idea actually ... maybe I could take her a Christmas cookie basket or something) and also stop by to see my regular eye doc so they can see how well things turned out.

Now that my vacation time is almost over I'm scrambling to think of how I want to spend the last couple of days. Today I might look up some low carb Christmas cookie recipes and try my hand at flour-less baking again. Tomorrow Cro is taking me out for a low carb lunch at Brugge to celebrate my new eyes. :D

Okay, time for the bloody eye pics. The way it is healing I don't think there will be too many more of these to come!

4 comments:

  1. So happy for you. You'll be seeing a Merry Christmas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all went well? Damn, I lost a bet...

    *Please be advised the Jack Sh*t is celebrating Opposite Day today. The viewpoints expressed in this comment do not necessarily reflect the views and policies of the comment writer. For more information, please go to Jack Sh*t, Gettin’ Fit at http://jackfit.blogspot.com/2009/12/opposite-day.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you had an early morning autopilot mode where you started to gather up your contacts to put them in yet?

    When I wear my contacts I forget and 'push' up my glasses all the time and then feel like a moron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Char - Thanks and Merry Christmas to you!

    Jack - You are a silly. :) Oops, on opposite day that makes you completely dull.

    SheZug - I haven't done that but it does feel odd every day to know that I can just see. No eye-crutch required. I can just see. Woot. I gathered up my contact lenses and threw them all out other than one sample of each from my last 3 prescriptions (so about 10 years worth of leftover lenses). It hurt to toss out my latest prescription because I had really stocked up, knowing how fast I was going through them during allergy seasons. (Those were daily wear lenses and I'd go through 3 pair a day when having allergies.) It also felt good because I knew I'd never have to mess with them again!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...