Thursday, December 31, 2009

Low Carb Sausage Balls


I modified Cro's recipe and made these last night. They turned out more yummy than his original recipe ... he even said so! Now that's an accomplishment for me (I'm generally not the better cook.)

Here is how I made them:
  • 2 1lbs hot and spicy sausage (I used Bob Evan's)
  • 8oz of shredded cheese of choice (I used Sargento Artisan Blends Authentic Mexican)
  • 8oz of sharp cheddar
  • 2 cups of Carbquik
I lightly sautéed the sausage into crumbles before adding it to the mixture because I wasn't sure how much grease it would make. It didn't make much so I think it would be fine to mix all of the ingredients prior to cooking the sausage (it would mix better than way).

Once you have mixed everything, form into walnut-sized balls and line them up on a cookie sheet. Oh, and preheat your oven to 400 degrees. :)

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. I checked them at 15 minutes and they weren't quite browned enough so just check on them now and then.

The photo is the result (50+ yummy sausage poppers at 1/2 of a carb each). Delicious! And low carb!

1 comment:

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...