Friday, January 15, 2010

188.8

I guess I'm going to try tapering off the almonds next week. During the work week I tend to eat things that are easy to prepare and that I know the counts for. So almonds have become a regular on my menu. They are low carb and I can easily count how many I am allowing myself to eat. I'm not losing weight though. I could cut both the almonds and low carb yogurts at the same time, but then I wouldn't know which one is stopping me from losing. If reducing the frequency that I eat almonds doesn't help then I'll add them back in and reduce the yogurt the following week. Sounds like a plan.

I'm also seriously thinking about joining a gym. Cost is going to be the big factor but I can at least check out some pricing. I don't have a lot of time to spare either but I think as with most things I will find a time to do it if I make it a priority. After work will likely be the best time since Cro's schedule is later than mine and I don't get to see him for about an hour after I get home from work anyway. Before work wouldn't work because I already get up at 5:30am. I don't need to impede my already insufficient sleep time.

Now I'm excited. :) My eating really can't be much less than what it already is so adding regular exercise might be the key.

*update
I just spoke with dad, he is feeling lots better, his hemoglobin is up to 10.1 now and his potassium is 4.0. He thinks the potassium level is what is making him feel better but I'm sure both things help. He says they are still testing to find out why he is having issues keeping that blood count up. He and I chatted for a bit and he was in good spirits. Before we ended our call he told me not to tell mom this, but he is experiencing some delirium off and on. He says it is mild and that he is aware of it after it has subsided. He thinks it might be because they are changing medications on him so much as they try to adjust what he should be taking. I hope that is the reason and that it isn't due to the infection. He hopes so too.

*update
There is a Gold's Gym close to my house that I might check out over the weekend. Oh, and I have Monday off work. Happy MLK Jr. Day.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea! I hope you can swing it, financially... cause I think it would be so worth it for you!

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...