My workout last night was tough. My trainer started me off doing things that challenged my balance. He just doesn't get what MS means for my balance. My balance isn't compromised because of my muscles ... it is because my nerves are stripped of the coating that keeps the signals traveling to their destination. The more heat in my body, the faster thing circulates and the less signals actually get there.
I asked if there was an alternate exercise that would work out the same muscles but not put me at risk of falling over. Having to ask that makes me feel like a failure until I get home and Cro (former body builder) tells me that there are always alternate exercises and that I shouldn't be embarrassed to ask.
Anyway, here is the new things that Jacob introduced to my arsenal of strength training options last night. He did tell me that I could start picking the ones that I do and don't have to do the same ones each time.
- Stagger Squats (he initially had me holding a weight above my head while doing these but changed it to be with no weights when it became apparent that I would fall after doing only five reps) - 2 sets of 7 reps
- French Press - 2 sets of 15 reps with a 12lb weight (he had to modify so I do mine on a bench rather than the *un*stability ball
- Medicine Ball Arcs - 2 sets of 16 reps
- Wall Squats - 3 sets of 12 reps
- Yoga Ball Rollouts - 2 sets of 10 reps
In other news I am ultra-depressed today. I miss my dad and it seems that mom is distant