Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mid-day musings (gym, movie, birthday gifts)

Last night's cardio was only 45 minutes. My muscles were still sore from the previous evening's strength training but I did as much as I could stand. The same movie was playing and I still didn't care for it. It was Duplicity staring Julie Robert and Clive Owen. It was a romantic comedy corporate espionage sort of thing which didn't appeal to my tastes. I wonder what will be playing tonight, I think it's been 3 days and so time for them to switch movies. :)

Tonight is strength training again followed by some cardio (but a lesser amount than my cardio-only days). Tomorrow is personal training so I get to learn a new routine.

Mom's birthday is upcoming and I thought it would be cool to get her a Bosu ball along with a couple of books on training techniques for a nervous horse. Her new Rocky Mountain mare is 4 years old and gets frightened way too easily, making her dangerous to ride. I found a couple of promising books but decided to get her a stability ball and DVD of exercises when I saw the price of a Bosu. Over $100. Yikes. That would have to be the only gift if I were to spend that much. I'd rather get her the books and dvd along with stability ball.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you're jumping into this exercise business with both feet. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jack ... I can't say it's easy, but thankfully I'm either determined or stubborn because I'm doing it.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...