Wednesday, February 3, 2010

One week after. - 184.6

Today marks one week after my dad's death. I'm sorry that none of you have been able to post comments for awhile, I don't know what caused blogger to stop allowing it but I did not touch anything until I noticed it was messed up yesterday so it wasn't me. I don't have the time or energy to come up with a new template right now but this default template seems to be working.

Lots of work to do, which is a blessing. I think I've been eating nearly nothing for the last few days, which was good for the scale but really not planned. After talking to my trainer during my session last Wednesday he encouraged me to eat every two hours, even if it is just a handful of almonds. He feels that I'm not eating enough and have therefore caused my metabolism to slow and said that he would never recommend that anyone go 6 hours without eating like I frequently do. Okay, I'm following his lead and having a few almonds every two hours or so.

Cro finally started feeling a bit better last night. The stress and emotional toll of last week bowled him over. :( He is much more fragile than the image of an ex body builder brings to mind. I'm glad that he feels better. I worry about him even though he doesn't want me to.

My trainer also suggested that I do at least 45 minutes of cardio every other day (strength training and 15 to 20 minutes of cardio on the off days). So I went in last night fearing my cardio workout, but surprising myself and getting through 45 minutes. I've noticed that I feel stronger and walk a bit faster (amazing for me and my MS) since I've started this only a short while ago. I plan to work out 5 or 6 days a week ... 6 being the target and 5 being the minimum. I'm loving it and am so happy that I'm doing this for myself.

Cro bought me a mini flashlight since I told him that I couldn't see the panel to set up my workout in the cardio theater. I took it with me last night and used it to set up my bike for the workout. I love the cardio theater for long workouts now. Doing 45 minutes of cardio can be very boring but having a movie to watch on the big screen makes it so much less boring and got me through it.

I spoke with my trainer and suggested that we move our next session to next week so that I'll have a chance to have done the routine he has set up for me for more than just a couple of days before the next session. Since he wants to build my routine based on what I did the week before we want to give that first routine a proper number of days before changing it.

6 comments:

  1. Oct,

    Your spirit/strength is truly inspiring. :-)

    The comments may not have been coming through but just know that lots of us have been thinking of you guys.

    Please take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JP :) I know you guys are thinking about us and I value your friendship very much. You and Mad take good care of yourselves too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I love about our little blogging circle is how we bond through reading about each other's lives. It's the modern friendship isn't it? In this busy world I don't have time or the energy to go hang out with a group of people, but I do have time every afternoon to read while relaxing after work.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I was wondering why you changed your blogger template, I really thought it was a glitch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna - I love our blogging community too. I feel very close to you guys even though I doubt most of us have ever been in the same states at one time. Blogger is a meanie. I'm sure I'll work on a new template at some point but that is low on my priority list right now. I'm just glad I was able to get the comments to work again. I had to tell it to "Revert to Classic Template" in the "Edit HTML" section of the Layout tab before it would work right.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...