My eyes are great again today. I think the ghosting is pretty much behind me. I have lots of work to do before the weekend, especially since I will be on vacation and playing tour guide all next week.
At noon today I decided to walk to the hotel that Konrad is going to book since it's only 4 blocks from my office. I just wanted to see how hard it is going to be for me to walk there if I park at the office during his stay. Unfortunately I walked the wrong direction and discovered I was off track when I was 3.5 blocks south rather than west (the direction of his hotel). So I turned around and walked back and was starting to get limpy (damn MS!!!) before I got back to the office. :( That would have been scary if it were night so he's just going to have to understand that I can't walk everywhere. I'll be fine walking from my office to his hotel and back as long as we let me cool down between. I definitely won't be able to do a walking tour of downtown with him nonstop. That's what the Jeep is for. :)
I plan to bike 20 miles tonight at the gym again or whatever an hour will get me (20+ miles). Funny how I can do that but I can't even walk 8 blocks. I have handles and a seat for the bike though.
Here's how the itinerary I've planned is fleshing out. I really hope he won't be bored, but if he is it's not like I didn't warn him. It's just Indy.
Wednesday March 17
- 8pm: airport
- drive hotel to check-in
- 9pm-whenever: St Patty's celebration at the Rathskeller
Thursday March 18
- sleep late
- 11am Brugge for lunch
- Wander around Indy. Maybe Eideljorg Indian and old West Museum)
- Browse the mall and Colts store
- Avatar at the imax theater?
- Brian and his wife to possibly join us for tasting at a local brewing company SunKingBrewing.com
- Brian and his wife to possibly join us for dinner at Rock Bottom rockbottom.com
Friday March 19
- sleep late
- visit WillRan office and have lunch will some of my co-workers and friends at Scotty's Brewhouse
- Alice in Wonderland movie with Matt.
- Drinks with Matt and John
- probably hang out with Matt and John or I'll find another option later
Saturday March 20
- sleep in
- 10am - pick up from hotel and go to the motor speedway for 11am tour
- 2:30pm Union Jack's pub in Broad Ripple to watch the France vs England rugby game and have pizza
- activity for the evening? another movie?
Sunday March 21
- 10am - drive to mom's for a visit
- get lunch somewhere
- stop in at Headstone Friends
- maybe drive by ISU
- do other nostalgic sight-seeing in Terre Haute
- pick up a quick dinner (maybe Philly Steak House or 5-Guys)
- watch movies at our place
Monday March 22
- 10am-ish get breakfast somewhere cool (maybe Zest in Broadripple)
- airport (be there at noonish)