Friday, April 30, 2010

It's a lonely ol' morning

Can I put my arms around you? ... Not exactly how Melloncamp sings it but oh well. Got up at 4:20, went to the gym, now am at work and no one else is here. It feels eerily quiet. Early eerie. I like it but I'd like it more if it were time to go home. I guess all of these early mornings at the gym are adding up to NEED MORE SLEEP. I am proud of myself though. I had a two minute internal chat in which I tried to debate the benefits of NOT going to the gym this morning and sleeping more instead. Gym girl won out over sleepy girl and I'm glad because if it had gone the other way I would be feeling down and guilty right now. Instead I still feel sleepy but empowered. AND it's FRIDAY!

I had to set up my own tanning session this morning since the gym attendant was on his first day (if you can call 4:30am "day") and no one had shown him how to do it. I knew where the area behind the desk was that holds the electronic tanning bed timer apparatus was so I indicated that they are set up in that area *point point*. He still couldn't figure things out so I asked if he would mind if I came around to look. He was happy to have me help and together we figured it out. :)

I have no idea what movie was playing on the Cardio Cinema. It was some Asian guy and seemed to have a Highlander-ish theme in which he was among a group of individuals who had to kill each other to absorb the other one's power. In the end he was one of only two left and much fighting and other action took place as they battled. It seemed to take place within a modern city. No idea.

The two other designers who work with me are out of separate but similarly timed holidays so it's going to be a lonely day. Sure, other people will carry the noise of the day but I'm the sole creative out here for today. My creative director and one other designer who has an individual office may be here but I'll still feel lonely. No one to chat with regarding Survivor either!

Breakfast - 2carb
[2carb] Atkins bar

Lunch - xcarb
[xcarb] x

Dinner - xcarb
[xcarb] x

TOTAL xcarb

2 comments:

  1. I'll chat with you about survivor. I really hope that Parv gets blindsided next week and is gone. I think something was going on with Amanda this season, I feel like she hasn't really been playing too much. The most I can say she did was last night when she tried to steal the idol clue, other than that, she seems to be laying low. Rupert was cracking me up last night with his video diaries... talking without moving his mouth with wild eyes. I really want Russell to win this time, I feel like he is the best player there ever was. Oh, do you ever go online and watch the Ponderosa vidoes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Survivor chat! :) I hope that Parv gets blindsided too if she turns on Russell. I think she is his biggest danger right now. Rupert cracks me up too. All of the heroes do really. Just that they are called heroes is funny because they scheme just as much as the villains. I haven't gone to see the Panderosa videos yet. Thank you for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...