Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ninja shakes

Hectic day but slightly held up for the moment ... meaning that later will be a flurry of hecticism. (that's a good one).

Cro surprised me with a new blender when he got home last night. He knows that I struggle a bit with the old blenders (not that I've mentioned it, he's just observant like that) because they aren't really made for chopping up the amount of ice that I try to use in my protein shakes. He saw one called "Ninja" that has two stacked blades and is specially designed for making frozen drinks. So very cool. I used it this morning and it had no trouble with the extra ice. :) I also received a new shipment of sugarfree Davinci syrups–one of them is peanut butter flavor–and so I had every reason to make a shake this morning. :) With a dash of the peanut butter flavored sugarfree syrup it even saved on carbs (not having to use 2 or 3 carbs worth of real peanut butter). Very cool.

I suspect the pretty shake pictured above isn't low carb. My protein shake was darned good though. I used a bit of sugarfree Davinci syrups (I used French Vanilla and Peanut Butter), dash of almond extract, scoop of dark chocolate cocoa powder, half scoop of protein powder, dash of cinnamon, dash of sea salt, big dash of cayenne pepper, liquid stevia, and lots of ice. Oh and some shredded coconut.

Breakfast - 6carb
[4carb] protein shake
[2carb] Atkins bar

Lunch - 6carb
[0carb] can of tuna
[4carb] strawberries
[2carb] Atkins peanut butter cups

Dinner - 14carb
[7carb] Dreamfield's spaghetti
[2carb] shredded cheese
[5carb] ground beef with tomato sauce

TOTAL 26carb

3 comments:

  1. What a great gift!

    Having the support of your true love is a real blessing.

    My best to you and Cro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel blessed to have him. :) Thanks JP ... my best to you and Mad as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, also to saving or shaving off a few carbs here and there.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...