Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cat ... (no, bird) calls

I didn't take Benedryl until I was ready to sleep and so I actually remember my evening unlike most of Tuesday evening's conk-out. I needed that sleep though so I guess that is the one good thing about it.

Cro recently downloaded about 8GB of bird sounds and we were listening to a few last night (that must sound boring but it was very cool). First he played several North American owl calls and I recognized the ones that I often heard while growing up, That gave me great nostalgia for being a kid in the country. I thought the owl calls might scare our buddy cat but he didn't show any interest. Owls tend to hunt for and eat cats and other small critters. I'm pretty sure that is what happened to a cat that was my pet for eight years of childhood. Poor guy. :( Buddy cat couldn't have cared less being the spoiled city cat that he is. He did however have the funniest reaction when Cro began playing bird calls from things such as cardinals, chickadees and sparrows. Suddenly Buddy went nuts trying to find the bird. With tail swishing and ears tense he looked around the room, outside the window, under the furniture and in the dining room. Finally, in exasperation, he climbed up Cro's leg, looked him pointedly in the eyes and begged for the hidden bird to be produced. Meowing while too excited often means his mouth comes open as if to meow but no sound makes it out. Funny. Guess you had to be there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's Meals:

Breakfast - 2carb
[2carb] 1 serving Atkins peanut butter cups

Lunch - 12carb
[4carb] 4 Hebrew National hotdogs (no bun of course) luv their fun website design
[8carbs] strawberries! with cream

Dinner - 16carb
[10carb] 2 low carb tortillas with ground beef and cheese
[6carb] Carb Smart ice cream

TOTAL 32carb

3 comments:

  1. I love it when cats make the silent meow....
    It's so pathetic and cute at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the silent meow or the yawn that turns into a little mew. Sadie would go nuts with those bird sounds. Have you ever played kittens meowing because they are scared for buddy? You can find them on youtube, Sadie flips out and goes into mom mode trying to get into the laptop to get those kitties out of harms way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cro will just look at him and open his own mouth as if meowing back. I've not played kitten sounds for Buddy but I'll bet he wouldn't care much since that is a lady cat thing. I'll have to try it sometime anyway. When I was a kid we had a big yellow mommy dog who saved a litter of abandoned kittens from somewhere out in the woods. She brought them to the house one by one and so carefully and worried over them until we took over. Too precious. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...