Tuesday, June 8, 2010

eating less, chatting more

I've been too busy for words lately but I'll take a moment this morning to say hi. I've been coasting too long and have decided to be more strict with my eating. The hunger pangs are back, which is a good sign. I'm declaring war on the next 50 pounds. We'll see who wins, me or mine enemy Señoir Lardas.

Hmm, are any other of you bloggers noticing tiny "post-it" style pop-ups every so often as you make a new post? I've gotten two in the last few minutes that give movie news regarding Twilight. Very very odd since I have no other windows open and am not even typing about Twilight (well I wasn't at the time the pop-ups happened.) Grr, it just happened again. I will try to screenshot the next one so you can see it too. I don't know ... doesn't seem to be happening now that I want it to.

Kon is on a three-week sailing adventure and currently on his way from the Azores to Palma. He started out in Antigua (flew there to meet the captain and crew and to start the journey to the Azores). So fun ... I'm vacationing vicariously through his emails (yay for smart phones). He was out of contact for several days as he was sailing over the mid Atlantic and I haven't heard from him since yesterday when they headed out again. Maybe I'll next hear from him when the boat gets close enough to Spain for him to pick up a signal on the phone again.

I want to move to the Azores!

Cro has had a bad ear infection for several days. :( I think he might be feeling a little better this morning. I hope so, life is tough enough without an ear infection. *kisses*

The utility company has dropped off a new pole and an orange traffic cone on our front lawn. What ... am I supposed to put it up myself now? lol ... hopefully they will get around to finishing the job soon so we can have a new mailbox put up and not have a scary leaning, drooping utility line looming overhead when we are outside our house.

Mom has formed a new relationship and is in love. She says he is treating her well and that she is happy. She also says that it will never be like my dad, but they had both talked about her moving on with life should he die. It's tough for me to think of her with someone else but this isn't about me. I'll never have another dad and I do want mom to continue with her life and to find happiness again.

And that's all the chat I can pour out this morning. I read your blogs everyday but just haven't had a spare moment to make an update of my own due to crazy projects at work. I love it though. I could do without the stress but otherwise, luv.

HA! I caught it (the pop-up).
Has anyone else seen something like in the pic snippet to the right? The yellow post-it thingy. It's happened several times while I've been typing this, but only stays up for a split second.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday's Meals:


Breakfast - 0carb
[0carb] bacon

Lunch - 0carb
[0carb] grilled hamburger patty
[0carbs] cheese

Dinner - 24carb
[0carb] 3 grilled chicken wings
[4carb] 1/2 cup KFC green beans
[20carb] Russel Stover's sugarfree toffee squares (4 squares)

TOTAL 24carb

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday's (today) Meals:

Breakfast - 4carb
[0carb] bacon
[4carb] 1/3 serving of Russel Stover's sugarfree toffee squares (1 square)

Lunch - 0carb
[0carb] grilled hamburger patty
[0carbs] cheese

Dinner - 21carb
[0carb] grilled chicken breast
[17carb] 3 servings of Dreamfield's pasta with cheese
[4carb] 2 servings Atkins peanut butter cups

TOTAL 25carb

6 comments:

  1. Whoa! I haven't had those pop-ups yet.. but ugh! I hate that kind of thing!

    Azores do look amazing, don't they?! I always wanted to go there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pop-ups the kind of thing that would make me hammer a nail in my computer screen. Grrrrrr! Probably just some spyware that got in the mix somehow. Very irritating...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I'm on a Mac this is something new and worrisome. That's it ... I'm moving to the Azores! Wait, I apparently need lots of money and to learn Portuguese first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen those little pop up things, I'll go play on the mac and blogger later and see if it happens to me, mabye its a mac thing??
    It's funny you mentioned 50 lbs, because I decided this weekend that I was going to lose 50 lbs by the end of the year. Today was a good start. I'm really gung ho, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what is causing them but they are driving me crazy. It's not just blogger so maybe a firefox problem or some other mac thing. It wasn't happening yesterday and I can't think of anything I've changed. Maybe Cro will be able to help figure it out.

    Yes, I'm very gung-ho about losing 50 and not going to allow myself to tread water any longer. Let's do a first to drop 50 challenge. If you start it I'm all there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. first to drop 50 challenge is on!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...