Wednesday, June 23, 2010

m-m-my telephone

I made and received more phone calls yesterday than in the entire previous month. All of them were regarding Monday's accident. My insurance company, State Farm, is awesome btw and they made me know not to worry, that they were taking care of everything. So the guy who hit me is going to receive a letter (because the phone number is no longer in service) from his former insurance company inquiring if he has opened another policy. Hearing back from them could take quite a while.

After multiple conversations with my own insurance company first filing a claim, then putting the claim on hold because I realized that the other guy's insurance should be the ones to take care of this, then calling my own again to let them know the guy's insurance is lapsed and that he might be uninsured ... and so on ... my insurance company is going to refile the claim. They told me that if he is in fact uninsured or doesn't answer the letter I will not even need to pay deductible. If he is insured I'll need to pay deductible but I will get it back. After asking multiple times and multiple people I am reassured that this incident will cost me nothing in the end, that my Jeep will be repaired and that it will have no effect at all on my own good driving record since the other guy hit me.

Warm and fuzzy feelings going out to my insurance company and to Betsy and Daniel at my local insurance office. :) Thanks for taking care of me!

In diet news I'm a bit burnt out on grilled chicken so didn't bring any for lunch today. :( Maybe I'll get a barnyard salad from Scotty's next door. Chicken, ham, boiled egg, mushrooms and cheese on top of mix greens and maybe a dollop of sour cream. I don't care for salad dressing and often eat salads dry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's Meals:

Breakfast - 1carb
[0carb] bacon
[1carb] strawberry

Lunch - 8carb
[8carb] peanuts

Dinner - 14carb
[6carb] low carb tortilla
[0carb] ground beef and bacon
[4carb] cheese and chopped veggies
[4carb] Atkins peanut butter cups

TOTAL 23carb

4 comments:

  1. I'm just catching up and read about your accident! I'm just glad you are okay and didn't get hurt...and I would use a different adjective other than goofy to describe the guy...dangerous I think is a more apt description.

    It certainly is a pain to deal with all the accident reporting stuff. But at least you have State Farm. I have State Farm too, and they ARE awesome, like you said. I was hit by an uninsured driver a few years back...State Farm was so helpful and sympathetic, and I got my car fixed like new with no deductible (like you).

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangerous is right. Scary to think how many bozos are out on the roads. Seatbelts and good insurance for the win. Glad you made it through your accident okay too. Was there much damage to your vehicle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so glad you are okay! And so glad that your insurance is treating you right. Hope it gets fixed soon. Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. State Farm did a good job with my house claim a few years ago.
    Yay!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...