Wednesday, July 28, 2010

dreaming my dreams

I'm seeing Inception with Matt after work tonight. It looks interesting.

The dream I had just before waking up this morning (which was 4:44 again btw) seemed prophetic. In the dream my mom was telling me over the telephone that grandma (dad's mom) had told her something when I was a child. Grandma (my dad's mom) told her that she felt I would always live my life with care to money. Funny, I'd have to HAVE money before I could treat it with care. I am very careful not to have credit cards and to never purchase anything on the "no interest for one year" plans unless I actually have money in the bank to cover it immediately. I'll probably always be scraping by and worried about financial security.

Grandma and grandpa always got by and they weren't wealthy by any means so I'm sure I will manage somehow. Grandma would always put out a huge garden, had a big flock of chickens, had a smoke-house to cure meat, sewed clothes, made patch quilt blankets and kept the place warm with a fireplace and wood stove. Even after grandpa died she was able to feed and clothe my dad and his older sisters and several orphaned kids too. What I get from this dream is that times may seem hard to me now, but grandma had things much harder and still lived a life that I look back upon fondly. She died when I was seven but I remember my moments with her clearly and always will.

In other news I bought what I though was Crest 3D White toothpaste on sale only to find out later that it was deceptively packaged (at least deceptive to the rushed shopper like me). It was actually Crest Extra Whitening with Scope Outlast and a single Crest 3D White Strips sample shrink wrapped in a box the same size as the toothpaste. Since the 3D White Strips sample was on top I saw that and thought the toothpaste was the same kind. Doh. You got me, Crest marketing sneaks. *grumble grumble*



-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's Meals:

Breakfast - 1carb
[1carb] one large strawberry
[0carb] - bacon

Lunch - 10carb
[8carb] half of a stuffed pepper leftover from last night
[2carb] one Atkins bar (a different kind from yesterday ... just nuts and no chocolaty coating)

Dinner - 13carb
[3carb] EAS Adventage bar (ugh, didn't see that it has sugar alcohol ... I try to avoid that)
[8carb] half of a stuffed pepper leftover from last night
[2carb] Atkins PB cup

TOTAL 24 carb

1 comment:

  1. Let us know how inception was. We went to see SALT this afternoon. I loved it, but... HeZug, hated it! I couldn't believe it!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...