Friday, July 30, 2010

Fri-onday

I cleaned the microwave at work this morning. It was soooo ICKY. The trauma of cleaning it makes me want to talk about it first thing, lol. I couldn't even wait for someone to discover it's renewed freshness and told that I'd done it. :( Now I don't get the pleasure of someone discovering it on their own. Ah well ... that's me, Ms. Anxious. I need to discover a way to turn anxiety into joy. I'll get right to work on that. Just think how cool it would be if stress triggered a natural dopamine release. We would all be working 80-hour weeks and taking on the most frustrating projects just for the high.

The weekend feels like it's over already and it hasn't even started yet. Maybe I'll feel it slow down a bit as I'm mowing the lawn tonight. Crazy that I have an entire day of work ahead of me and I'm looking forward to mowing the lawn. Simple pleasures. It's a gorgeous day for it ... 83 degrees for the projected high and no humidity.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's Meals:

Breakfast - 0carb
[0carb] - bacon

Lunch - 8carb
[8carb] peanuts

Dinner - xcarb
[xcarb] i don't know
[2carb] Atkins PB cup

3 comments:

  1. No humidity? You're singing my song.

    Just got back from Washington and Montana where the highs were in the 70's and the humidity was nowhere to be seen.

    Cutting grass is fantastic exercise. I guess that's why the kid I pay to cut mine is so fit and healthy. ;)

    Have a great weekend (and don't work so hard... you make the rest of us look bad).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oct,

    Please keep us posted on the dopamine/stress experiment. You could very well save the world! :)

    In all seriousness, have you ever considered trying out meditation? I've seen it transform even A-type personalities into more peaceful folk. Not saying that you're an A-type at all. Just using that as an example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack :) Cutting the grass isn't all that much exercise when I'm riding around on the John Deere. :)

    JP - I haven't tried meditation and other than just sitting in the quiet and trying not to think about anything I wouldn't know where to start. I could easily Google for a beginner's guide though.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...