Monday, July 12, 2010

weekend recap

I finished the first two novels in the Twilight series over the weekend. Quick reads but still I felt over-saturated with words by the time I was finished. And yet I'm ready to read the last two ... luckily I don't yet own the last two, however I work a couple of blocks from a book shop. :P Yeah, I'll probably go buy Eclipse (the 3rd book) at least.

Saturday was wonderful. Cro and I had a date at Abuelo's. I had a chicken, onion and peppers fajita and lots of fun. My very favorite thing from Abuelo's is the little hot pickled chili pepper they put on the side of the plate as garnish. I like them so much that Cro bought a jar of them for me at home. I pick them up by the stem and bite off the pepper in one go usually. They are small and that is the best way to avoid a dangerous squirt of hot pepper juice flying into someone's eye. They are mighty hot, but not painfully so, just wake you up fast type of hot.

I made some almond pancakes from a recipe that JP shared. They turned out very delicious, quick and easy too. Here's a link to the recipe. Thanks JP!

Cro made a roast at my request (thank you honey!) and doubled up on the radishes so I don't have to ration them so much. This roast should last all week, with onions and radishes it is extremely low carb and is oh so good.

I vaguely remember waking up to very loud thunder last night. I must have been sleeping soundly because I only remember waking up to the sound, listening for a moment for more to come, then nothing else until I woke up at 4:30 in expectation of work. I normally wake up an hour before I have to get up. I can't remember the last time I've actually been awakened by the alarm.

All this talk of sleep is making me want a nap. We won't have another 3-day weekend holiday until September I think. Boo to the Hoo.

*update
I walked over to the bookstore and bought Eclipse a few minutes ago. Yes I'm addicted to reading. :P One of my co-worker's gave me a 33% off coupon which saved $4.20 so I had extra incentive, not like I needed it. I think the last book of the series is only available in hardcover so I'll try to wait a little longer before purchasing that one (paperbacks are cheaper). There is a smaller (and therefore cheaper) hardcover offshoot story called The Short Life of Bree Tanner that I might pick up in the interim between reading Eclipse and Breaking Dawn being released in soft cover (Breaking Dawn is the last book).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's Meals:

Breakfast - 5carb
[5carb] ground beef mixed with diced onions, diced chili pepper, spiced with various hot seasonings, layered onto LC tortilla with shredded cheese

Lunch - 2carb
[2carb] roast beef with onions and radishes (radishes cooked next to the roast until they are tender like little potatoes)

Dinner - 11carb
[9carb] ground beef mixed with diced onions, diced chili pepper, spiced with various hot seasonings, layered onto LC tortilla with shredded cheese
[2carb] Atkins PB cups

TOTAL 18 carb

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous I am a whole book behind you. Not to fear, I'll catch up. There is another twilight book that tells the first book from Edward's perspective. I think it was released without the author's permission though. I dreamed of vampires and werewolves last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a delightful weekend, Oct. :)

    I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the pancakes. I also wanted to give you a heads up that I'll be posting yet another LC breakfast idea tomorrow - Low Carb, Lemon Blueberry Muffins. In fact, your blog from last week got me thinking and helped to inspire that recipe. So, thank you!

    Hope you and Cro have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna - I'm jealous that you still have more books to read than I do. It always makes me restless when I've finished the last of the series! One book left so I'm not restless yet.

    JP - Thank for for posting those recipes. The pancakes were very easy to make and good. I'm looking forward to making the muffins too. I hope you and Mad have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...