Wednesday, August 11, 2010

i need a change


Yeek. I dreamt that in a surge of brilliance (not) I decided to cut my own hair before an important client meeting. So moments before I and a co-worker were to leave for this meeting I stood in front of a mirror and began chopping. I cut it way too short on top and had to frantically tease what was left to give it enough volume to cover the bare spots. I hate nightmares like that. Plus when I woke up I realized that I had done some sleep-walking and actually cut my hair in the night!

ha, not!

I was traumatized by the dream of doing so though. I mean I DO need a trim, but no way I'm doing it on my own.

I was listening to the radio on way to work. The topic was of celebrities who lost huge amounts of weight with a cayenne pepper, lemon juice and maple syrup diet. Intrigued, I Googled it but immediately chucked it into my mental garbage bin as a fad. Have any of you tried it? Also known as "Master Cleanse" I think.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's Meals:

Breakfast - 1carb
[1carb] cheddar
[0carb] bacon

Lunch - 8carb
[8carb] I don't know. Maybe i'll walk to the convenience store downtown and get a package of peanuts

Dinner - 13carb
[3carb] cheese and diced jalapeƱos
[10carb] Dreamfield's pasta

Total 22 carbs

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha!
    When I cut my own hair, I use pinking shears.
    That way the edges are more blunt.
    Blends right in!
    Peanuts are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some nurses tried that Master Cleanse.
    I tasted it and it was GOOD.
    Really good!
    As in yum yum.
    No hunger either.
    But that was before LoCarb.
    Maybe good w sf syrup as a modified fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know several people who cut their hair themselves. I only ever cut my bangs and it always turns out bad.

    Master Cleanse is brutal from what I hear. Don't know how quezy you get, but it makes 'bathroom' time unpleasant. There's a guy on youtube who did it once and documented it. If you want I can find his video for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anne - pinking shears ... are those the ones with zip-zag blades? I think I used those to make fancy scrapbook photo edges when I was a kid. :) If nurses have tried master cleanse then maybe it's not so bad to give a try. I did try lemon juice, cayenne pepper and stevia this morning. I couldn't bring myself to get maple syrup though, it's the locarb warrior in me. :)

    Donna, I've cut my hair in the past as well, which is why the thought provokes nightmares. I'd love to see the master cleanse youtube stuff. I can probably find it by searching but if you have time to point me in the right direction that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.youtube.com/user/Noyjeetut#p/search/0/RAW41UNhxLg <-- that's my old pal Cody (yea, he's kinda odd). He abriefly talks about Master Cleanse in this video. He's on day 3 at this point.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Noyjeetut#p/search/1/dCNGhL4QPn4 <-- He talks about the diet after doing it for a week.


    http://www.youtube.com/user/abstigator#p/u/1/d1mK7TclJrs <-- this is a girl who did it for 40 days!!

    *can you tell I looked into master cleanse before? :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...