Monday, August 23, 2010

words words words

I finished reading The Host ... it wasn't The Host with the most (meaning it wasn't that great) but I'm glad I read it and glad I stuck it out and finished. The story was very interesting but I just didn't feel compelled to read like I did with the Twilight series ... not even like I did with that horror-ble Steven King novel, Under the Dome (which I did love). Ah well, The Host is probably a story that will keep me pondering for a long while. Pondering what was lacking in that I can acknowledge that it was a very good story but also that it just didn't grip me.

Now what's next? I'm addicted to reading again.

No Dreamfield's until Friday again. I did very well with that last week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's Meals:

Breakfast - 6carb
[6carb] half of a glucerna bar

Lunch - 6carb
[6carb] other half of the glucerna bar

Dinner - 9carb
[0carb] grilled chicken (3 wings)
[3carb] KFC green beans
[0carb] bacon
[4carb] cheese
[2 carb] Atkins pb cup

Total 21 carbs

2 comments:

  1. I thought The Host was MUCH better than the Twilight Series. It was much more complex, and rather than merely titillating, it was thought provoking and presented rather interesting questions about what it is that is the essence of "us" and what introduction of "other" does to who we are either as individuals or societies.

    I found the book absolutely AMAZING, and recommended it to my friends, something I'd NEVER do for the Twilight Series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very thought-provoking story. I wish I knew why it didn't grip me as tightly as many of things I read do *shrug*. I think it has something to do with not relating to the characters but I can't be certain yet. I couldn't forgive what the the aliens were doing no matter how likable they were portrayed. I thought many of the characters were cardboard. I couldn't get with a lot of things, but the overall premise was compelling and hard to forget. I hated Twilight the first time I tried to read it. It was only after watching the film that I gave it another chance and forced a few chapters beyond where I wanted to stop. Eventually the "teen" voice grew on me and I couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...