Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hi mom

I stopped at Walgreens this morning to make sure I had some Atkins shakes for lunch. I noticed a news crew parked outside of the store but other than the uncomfortable side glance hoping that I wouldn't be caught on camera walking into the store I didn't think much of it. There was a large FLU SHOTS banner hanging over the entryway so I just thought the news might be doing a small clip on how people were getting up early to get their flu shots. Nope.

The moment I got close to the entrance I was lit upon by the news crew–full paparazzi-style–and asked "Did you know that this store was robbed at gunpoint earlier this morning?"

me: Um, no.

"How does that make you feel?"

me: Um, worried. When did it happen? Was anyone hurt?"

"Earlier this morning" (I think I gave them the DUH look ever-so-briefly because they had already said that and I wanted to know what time it happened.) "No one was hurt"

me: Well, that's good.

"How does it make you feel knowing something like this happened here?"

me: Um, not good. I thought this was a nicer neighborhood than that.

"What did you come here to get?"

me: (thinking how nosy the news is and whether I should think of something funny like "Clorox wipes and Depends undergarments" haha, no) "Um, some gum and Atkins shakes before work."

"What's your name?"

me: (thinking, omg how nosy) "Tracy"

"What's your last name?"

me: mumbles my last name

Then the camera crew was packing it back to the van so I told the reporter that I hadn't wanted to be on the news this morning, lol. She said "Well you look good." And something about how my make-up is just right, lol.




-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's Meals:

Breakfast - 2carb
[2 carb] Atkins shake

Lunch - 4carb
[2 carb] Atkins shake
[2 carb] Atkins shake

Dinner - 18carb
[15 carb] Dreamfield's Rotini
[1 carb] ground beef, diced onions and diced peppers
[2 carb] cheese

Total 24 carbs

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for not giving me up, Tracy. I needed the money cuz there's a crafts fair in town this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't me, I didn't do it, you can't prove anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only that happens to. 'course, this is LA.

    Happy (late) Tuesday, Oct! Hope tomorrow is slightly less eventful ... camera-wise, at least.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...