Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pressure

STRESS ... it's finally here just as I knew it would be at some point. The LARGISH project deadline has been moved up to next Wednesday so the HUGE project I was hoping to finish a good portion of this week is going to have to be put aside for now ... it's still due Friday of next week regardless. And a SMALL (8 hour) project has to be done sometime before Friday of next week too so that's a day taken away from my HUGE project. I also get a sprinkling of BITTY (quarter hour to an hour) projects that are immediate demand that happen on no notice every day.

Okay, how I'll handle this stress:
- Do my best to get LARGISH project done today
- Work on HUGE project Friday, Monday(even though it's a holiday ... pout, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- Work on and Complete SMALL project Friday of next week
- Finish up anything still needing done on the HUGE project for rest of day Friday of next week

I feel better now ... sort of.

Ha, now the project manager says she can move the LARGish project deadline back a few days so I can go back to my normal high stress level (overload averted) ... whew. :)

I'm seriously thinking about trying JP's modified alternate fast thing for awhile ... not until after this weekend though, I need to mentally prepare and my mind is fried from stress right now.

I made some ground sirloin, hot peppers, diced onions and chili spices last night. Enough that I can have it for lunch AND dinner tonight. :9

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Today's Meals:

Breakfast - 6carb
[6 carb] hazelnut butter cookies

Lunch - 10carb
[3 carb] ground beef, peppers and cheese
[7 carb] low carb tortilla
oh yum yum yum (I was a bit tired of having no hot meals during the work day.)

Dinner - 19carb
[3 carb] ground beef, peppers and cheese
[14 carb] 2 low carb tortillas
[2 carb] Atkins pb cup

Total 35 carbs

3 comments:

  1. I tried it - and I liked it!
    Yummy pepper beef.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized - I'm HUNGRY!

    I'd hate it if I had deadlines at my work. I have startlines though :) Not too much pressure to meet those on most days though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne - I liked my lunch lots too. Pepper are awesome ... though I tried something called "burger from hell" a few weeks ago and couldn't take ANYTHING else for the rest of the meal. I'll spell this incorrectly but I think it was called "sarancha" sauce. Whatever it was the first bite was delicious ... after that who knows what it tasted like, lol.

    Donna - eat something! :) Startlines, I've never called them that but I like it. We call them project "kick-off" here and they normally involve a meeting. Meetings suck because they take up precious time that I need to meet deadlines! They are necessary though. Can meet a deadline unless I first meet to find out what I'll be doing.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...