Monday, October 18, 2010

Alternate fasting day ... just green beans (moved to tomorrow). Dang it, I forgot to bring some sea salt though. grumble. I plan to alternate this work week from one day green beans only, next day green beans and omlettes. Green eggs and bean? No. Green beans and eggs.

Cro has a sore throat, fever and has been feeling bad for the last few days. :( I didn't feel so well yesterday, guess a bug is going around. I feel better today but Cro is still sick. He says he almost never was sick when he lived in the south. I think the climate change and unfamiliar environment is doing a number on him sort of like how people who don't grow up with cats or dogs can often develop a pet dander allergy. I hope he grows more tolerant to Indiana over time ... I hate seeing him feel bad. Maybe we'll move south again someday and I'll be the one who gets sick.

I watched several episodes of a television series called Dead Like Me Sunday. Apple TV is cool in that we have Netflix now. Netflix has tons of television series all lined up and commercial-free. Since I don't care for watching a televisions series unless I catch the first episode this is tempting me to watch things that I wouldn't have even considered otherwise. Dead Like Me is pretty good anyway. I thought at first that it would just be slapstick and silly but it's actually thought-provoking and endearing.

I've been wanting to make something with spaghetti squash recently and there was a fantastic-looking recipe in a FoodBuzz email this morning that I just have to share a link to. Maybe I'll make that as a side for Thanksgiving. Spaghetti Squash with Sage, Roasted Garlic and Gruyere

--------------------------------------

[11 carb]  green beans
[2 carbs] oopsy roll (1 egg white and pinch of cream of tartar beat into peaks, 1 egg yolk folded in, dash of sea salt, dash of stevia, 1oz cream cheese)
[2 carbs] 2 fried eggs
[1 carbs] slice of cheddar and muenster cheeses

Total 16 carbs

4 comments:

  1. I love love love Dead Like Me.
    One of my faves.
    You kinda look like the mom.
    Named "Joy," if memory serves!
    Just maybe, though.

    Green beans and..... Spam?
    Bloody Vikings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look like somebody's mom? ack! :) Yeah, I took a good look at her last episode and I guess I can see it just a little bit. I wish I was as tall and slim as she is. I can work on the slim part but the tall will always be out of my reach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought she was the spicy dish of the whole show!
    I meant it as a compliment. One of my fave actors.
    Too bad that show never really took off here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking the show lots. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...