Thursday, October 28, 2010

It figures. I very rarely get sick, everyone around me has been sick off and on for weeks, not me. But it's the day before vacation and NOW I feel sick. Taking lots of airborne vitamins and (knowing my over-active immune system) things will be all good again in a couple of days. In the meantime I'm achy all over, headache too, sore throat and ear infection. Very odd because it all hit me last night. I could feel it coming on. One minute I'm feeling fine but half an hour later I feel like burnt toast.

Today is a 3-meal day but I don't feel like having much so far. Hey, I guess that's a good thing. It feels like a surreal Friday to me. People are just beginning to get here. Darn-it! I just realized that I left a DVD on my desk at home that Cro stayed up late to prepare. I was supposed to bring it today for a guy at work (BlizzCon footage for a game that he is excited about). Grrrr ... I may come in tomorrow just to bring that DVD ... or I may stick it in the mail before we leave for vacation so the guy gets it early next week.

*update:
So glad it's almost 2pm. Three more hours to go and I'm feeling achy and just want to go home. Sticking it out ... just got a set of revisions that need to be done before the vacation starts. Maybe that will make the next hour fly by (the project I WAS working on isn't deadline'd until December and it a grueling, boring, brain-busting mess. I'm a designer who doesn't like disorganization. :P

--------------------------------------

BREAKFAST [5 carbs]
[5 carbs] LC pumpkin muffin

LUNCH [10 carbs]
[10 carbs] sausage balls (Cro tells me that he doesn't care for Paula Deen's recipe ... I say his own recipe is out of this world)

DINNER [x carbs]
[x carbs] don't know yet

Total x carbs

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it wasn't the green beans!
    What's the recipe on the sausage balls?
    After you get back from vacation?
    I guess that's where you are off having fun fun fun!
    And hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what the sausage balls recipe is exactly other than he told me the ingredients were ground beef, sausage meat (I think a 3 to one ratio beef to pork), shredded cheddar and bisquick. He says that Paula Deen uses WAY too much bisquick in hers. It made 78 meatballs and worked out to about a carb each I think, so whatever the math is on that (I worked it out before I counted out a portion). I feel much better and it didn't last long.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...