Monday, December 13, 2010

stay-home 3-day weekend

As usual our 3-day weekend zoomed by. Cro picked up Outback for our date night so I wouldn't have to go out with the black eye. It's fading btw. I'm looking forward to this time next week when the swelling will hopefully be gone and I look normal again. I still have Christmas shopping to do. Eek, I don't think I've ever been this late finishing gift shopping.
I'm tired of the black eye and puffy green spot on my forehead.

Cro made a big pot of chili to last us this week and after adding everything that went in it works out to a little less than 7 carbs per cup. It's fantastically good too. I can remember how I used to love chili but only if I'd added several crushed Ritz crackers. No carby crackers anymore but I do add a pinch of shredded cheese to the top.


––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
BREAKFAST
[2 carbs] bacon and cheese

LUNCH
[16 carbs] LC tortillas with ground beef, veggies and cheese

DINNER
[7 carbs] 1 cup of Cro's chili

TOTAL 25 carbs

6 comments:

  1. Bless your sweet non-cracker-eating face!!
    You look better, if that's any consolation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you just look like a football player...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, chili. I should make another pot for this week too.

    Before you know it that bruise will be gone, it's healing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no yummy, buttery Ritz for me. I could make some flax crackers though ... that's a lot of trouble when the chili is great without them though. Thanks for the consolation. Looking less frankanstein-monsterish is a good think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up on blogs after being on vacation. I'm so sorry you had that accident. I'm impressed with how well you are handling it. I'd be whining until everyone was just sick of me.

    Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Grace. My husband might be sick of me announcing the changes every evening but hmm, he does ask. :) I'm just very surprised that I didn't break any bones. lucky lucky (three lucky's and maybe I wouldn't have fallen at all).

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...