Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas, dinner and a movie with Matt

After-Christmas at Matt's was great as usual. We had diet coke with Splenda, John grilled steaks (outside and it was c-c-cold out there) and Matt grilled asparagus with a light drizzle of olive oil (inside where it was toasty warm). We enjoyed drinks and dinner then Matt and I exchanged gifts. Lots of Edward Gorey books for me (yay!) and lots of miscellaneous books regarding art and fashion for Matt (he said yay!). We watched the Miyazaki film, Howl's Moving Castle and enjoyed it lots!

Matt is coping well with the layoff but I could tell that it's chipped away at his sense of security some. I know that feeling very well and gave him words of encouragement that hopefully will be useful. He asked if I would mind reviewing his resume and portfolio once he gets everything put together ... I would be happy to. I know how easy it would be for just about any of us to be in that situation. Friends are good to have.



I got home right around 10pm and went to bed not long after that. Cro had a late night at work and got home not much before I did. So we got to see each other for a few precious minutes before grabbing some Z's. I wanted to get up a bit early to beat the big snow that was projected to begin at 6am. I did beat the bad part, it's snowing like crazy right now and three people who have kids have emailed in to say schools are closed and so they will be working from home today. I'd say lucky but if they are truly working I'm sure it will be much tougher to also watch the kids.

Oh and Mr Jingles is the sweetest little critter. He's back to rushing to the habitat door and hopping up and down in excitement when I open it. I gave him a quick treat and gave the cat some loving pats before the evening zoomed to an end.

*update o_O
I felt a blemish starting on my forehead and so knowing that I keep Benzoyl Peroxide gel in my purse I reached in and retrieved it. It wasn't until after I had dispensed a dime-sized drop into my palms, rubbed them together and patted my forehead, then thought "hmm, I still have some left", rubbed my hands together again and patted my entire face ...
- umm, what's that smell?
- this feels more tingly than it should.
- OMG what have I done?
... that I looked at the bottle and realized what had happened. When I had that cold recently I'd put some Vick's VapoRub into my purse as well.

The guys I work with laughed and said I smell like a cough drop. :P


––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
BREAKFAST
[7 carbs] chocolate-orange protein shake (2 scoops whey protein (3 carbs), 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (3 carbs), 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa (1 carb), half cup of orange carbonated soda sweetened with liquid Splenda, ice cubes)

LUNCH
[6 carbs]  one serving of orange ice cream
[3 carbs] 3 asparagus spears left-over from Matt's

DINNER
[0 carbs]  ground beef with spices
[7 carbs] low carb tortilla
[3 carbs] cheese


TOTAL 26 carbs for today

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...