Monday, January 24, 2011

Flu!!!

Friday I spent the work day coughing coughing coughing. Cro was still very sick when I got home so it was a quiet evening. I must have gone to sleep pretty soon after getting there because I don't remember much of it.

Saturday morning I woke up but couldn't GET up. I gave it a valiant try ... again and again and again. I finally decided the cushiness of the bed was working against my efforts to get up and I might have better luck if I slid out of bed and onto the floor. Nope, I couldn't get up from the floor and was hit with extreme nausea. I made the best of it and pulled my blanket onto the floor with me and tried to wait out the hours of whatever the heck it was until I could get up again. Cro was experiencing dizziness and nausea too so we were of no help to each other.

It's funny to look back on now but wow that was scary. At one point I asked if he were going to be getting up anytime in the next few hours and if he did could he bring me the bathroom trash can and a roll of toweling because I was going to throw up (thankfully it was dry heaves). I think it was about an hour later that he was able to get up and brought me those things on the way back. We were pathetic. I remember Buddy hanging around close by and giving me this strange "something wrong" look.

Anyway, I was able to get up within a few hours, took some Benadryl (to help with the nausea) and return to bed where I mostly remained until this morning. I got to work on time (which is about an hour later than I normally get here). Traffic is nuts when you leave on time.

So after being sicker than I can ever remember for the whole weekend I'm at a total loss of -6 of the 50 pounds I'd like to lose by end of summer. I'd like to accomplish the rest of it without aid of the flu.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
BREAKFAST
[4 carbs] pecans

LUNCH
[4 carbs] pecans

DINNER
[0 carbs] bacon
[2 carbs] cheese

TOTAL 10 carbs for today

3 comments:

  1. wow, that's scary flu sick. I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was up there with my top 5 worst weekends. Feeling much better now!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...