Thursday, January 27, 2011

One year ago today

The scale remains the same ... still 45lbs away from my end of summer goal. When I eat so very little and have no results for days it's very frustrating. I've decided not to try for a less than 10 carb total since I'm expecting some major project overload for the next 3 days. I felt lightheaded by the end of the work day yesterday which could have been a combination of high octane work and low octane meals. Who knows.

We watched BBC episode 3 of Being Human last night. Cro is still a fan of the BBC original over the American remake and I'm still on the fence and looking forward to the next one to compare again. I asked Cro what it is about the BBC version he likes better and he said that it's less "Hollywood" and therefore the characters come across as more genuine. Either way I'm really liking the story ... but what's up with all of these daytime vampires? The Being Human vampire dude is always snacking on chips and stuff too. Guess it's the new hip bloodsucker trend to also eat. Oh, and werewolves do it doggy-style apparently, lol.

Critter was in bed already before the sun was up. Lazy little bugger. He woke up with enthusiasm after a few sleepy-eyed blinks and enjoyed some tiny carrot slivers before I left for work.

One year ago today my dad died. I miss him terribly.

Oh my. We are "celebrating" one of our co-workers today who is leaving for a new job. I spent a few hours yesterday designing his funny going away card-momento for everyone to sign and now I see the office kitchen is filled with cake and goodies. And someone just popped popcorn!!!!!!!! Right after I settle myself into a "no, can't have cake" mentality I have to smell my freshly popped nemesis wafting deliciously on the air. I don't want to be fat. Why oh why am I always the only one who can't partake of any goodies. :( No fair, universe ... no fair at all.


 
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
BREAKFAST
[7 carbs] low carb tortilla
[4 carbs] queso blanco

LUNCH
[6 carbs] tiny piece of chocolate

DINNER
[8 carbs] ground beef with sauteed peppers and onions
[10 carbs] Dreamfield rotini

TOTAL 35 carbs for today

4 comments:

  1. I honestly can't believe it's been a year since your dad died... Will be keeping you in my thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patsy, it still seems surreal to me and hard to believe a whole year has gone by. I have his voice recorded on that old Razr mobile phone and keep it charged up even though I have the new iphone, just to hear his voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have your Dad's voice recording still.

    I might have to check out this show you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cherish that voice recording ... he says my name and says that he loves me. It's not a very long recording but it's just enough that I'll never have to face forgetting.

    I think you would like Being Human. Get the BBC version if you can but either way it's a good story.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...