|Baked Mojito Chicken with Onions & Peppers.|
What I did:
• 2 medium onions sliced into rings [17 carbs]
• half cup of red, yellow and green bell pepper sliced into strips [10 carbs]
• a dusting of garlic powder (I probably used about 1 TBSP) [5 carbs]
• 4 chicken breast halves cut into strips (I cut each breast half into 4 strips)
• 1 cup of mojito mix - Bacardi [30 carbs]
• 1 TBSP lime juice [1 carb]
• paprika - I used about 2 tbsp [2 carbs]
• sea salt
• freshly cracked black pepper
Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Layer a casserole dish with half of the onion, pour the mojito mix and lime juice over the onions and dust all of that with 1 TBSP garlic powder. Dust the chicken with paprika, salt and pepper before layering strips over the onions. Finally top the chicken layer with the remaining onions and peppers. Pop it all into the hot oven for about 30 minutes but adjust the time as needed. Once the chicken is cooked through turn the broiler on high to give the veggies a few minutes of extra heat to brown them up a bit.
65 net carbs for the entire recipe. Six servings at 11 carbs per serving (if you drink all of the liquid). I'm going to guestimate each serving to be 8 carbs since I won't be slurping up the liquid.
Stay tuned to find out if it's good because I won't know until lunch
Wow, so good! Winner winner chicken dinner as Guy Fieri says. :) The chicken is moist and flavorful, I can definitely taste a touch of the mint as well as lime. The onions and peppers, paprika and black pepper back everything up with a bit of heat but not over the top. Yum!
[1 carb] sharp white cheddar cheese
[8 carbs] mojito chicken with onions and peppers
[0 carbs] bacon
[2 carbs] queso blanco
[6 carbs] low carb ice cream
[2 carbs] pecans
TOTAL 19 carbs for today