Friday, February 18, 2011

I went to the grocery last night after work specifically to stock up on beans and meats and what did I forget? I forgot to get beans of course! Grr. Cro says he is going tonight so my request is for 2 cans of black beans and 4 cans of red beans. That should last me a good while (I think in total I eat about 1 can of beans a day or thereabouts).

So breakfast today is sans-legumes. Cro defrosted some of his should-be famous pulled pork bbq which hadn't been sauced with vinegar yet. I'm having pulled pork with diced onions for breakfast. I might have interesting breath after ... good thing I have a toothbrush at work, lol. Second and Third meals will be leftover beef with black beans ... dinner I don't know yet. Maybe pulled pork-n-onions again. I'm relaxing quite nicely into this "simple meals" thing.

I only had 70+ ounces of water yesterday rather than 90 so I'm trying to up it again today. I forgot to get a lemon too! I did get loads of meats though; chicken breasts, ground round, a huge Boston Butt pork roast for Cro to slow cook and turn into more Chili Verde. It's funny how the cut of meat called "Boston Butt" is actually pork shoulder and not the butt at all.

Almost forgot to mention but I've lost another pound as of this morning. That's 5 total since last Saturday and -47 to go. Tomorrow is the prescribed cheat day which I'm both looking forward to and terrified of. I'll weight tomorrow morning and because I'm a chicken, I'll probably not weigh again until Tuesday morning. That will give me two of the strict days to mitigate some of the damage.

I haven't given an update on the critter lately. I cleaned his habitat after work on Wednesday and he's happy and hoppy as always. I've been putting a small dish of salad greens and carrot shreds in there for him each evening and it's usually all gone by morning so I guess that is two tiny thumbs up ... wait, I don't think Critter has thumbs. It's a high five then ... no, I think he only has four fingers. I don't know, his little mitts are so tiny!

8:00
pulled pork, onions & celery

11:30
I ate half of this - beef, black beans

4:00
Other half of the above. beef, black beans

6:30
ground round, onions & red pepper flakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...