Thursday, February 3, 2011

Icy weather blahs

I'm feeling rotten guilty today for allowing myself to have too much Dreamfield's low carb pasta last night. So, I'm sworn off Dreamfields today and no more than a 10 carb serving per day on the days that I have it (which wont be every day!) for the rest of the month. I'd swear it off longer than that but I don't want to test the strength of my will for too long at a time or it may just break. I did that with Nutella – none until I get back to 175 – and though I've kept the promise, it feels like punishment. Besides, I need to learn to do this on my own for all the right reasons and not for the chains of a bunch of promises.

So though yesterday was still a low carb day (35 carbs) I'm sure that I will have regained what I lost last week and be starting my "50-pounds by end of summer" goal all over again. :( Maybe the scale will forgive me though, who knows.

Yesterday sort of sucked in that no one else came in to the office. I enjoyed the quiet and enjoyed not being disturbed too many times (everyone was still on email) but I didn't enjoy the deserted feeling. Two people are here already today so I think despite the ice and snow, things are getting back to normal.

The elevator however, is not acting normal. It jolted to a stop this morning and when the doors opened I had to hop down because it was about a foot higher than the office floor. That wasn't the worst of it because it shuddered and jolted the whole time as I crossed the threshold hoping it wasn't going to suddenly drop while I was half in and half out. Nightmare! It was fine but doesn't inspire confidence. I may ask for a key to the stairwell.

Critter didn't use his wheel last night so I woke up worrying about him again. What's that old saying about kids and how you need to worry the most when they are being quiet? No need to fret since he was hopping in excitement and nipping my fingers the moment I opened the habitat door to reach in with a treat. I love that little guy. As I was about to leave for work Buddy called out to say "hey, my food bowl needs some attention too". I topped it off (no it wasn't empty) and gave him a few pats before he decided to let me go. Silly animals. :)

Cro asked last night if it would be alright for him to have some of the pizza I made. Of course! He said he didn't want to eat all of my low carb food. I made plenty for both of us and I'm happy that he liked it enough to want more. I'm not always the most successful cook despite watching all of those food network programs. ;) I brought a slice for breakfast this morning and another piece for lunch. There's enough left for Cro to have the rest for lunch or dinner if he likes. I'll probably make the chicken tonight or tomorrow but I haven't decided what I will do with it yet. I noticed that we do have broth, heavy cream and veggies so maybe a casserole of some sort. I can't make Oopsy Roll crust since all I have is Egg Beaters (pre-mixed eggs) and don't have any egg whites. Maybe I can adapt the low carb pizza crust recipe to make a casserole crust.

I'm thinking my hair needs a highlight refresh or something. I'd like to try a Brazilian Blowout sometime if the price ever becomes affordable. I can't afford $250 for a non-permanent hair sleek and straighten. Maybe if it were $100 since that's what I pay for a cut and highlights.



I guess I'll stop chatting and get to work. Four people other than me are here now!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
BREAKFAST
[2 carbs] 1 slice of LC pizza (Big Daddy D's crust)
[0 carbs] with ground beef and sausage topping
[1 carbs] with diced tomatoes and chilis topping
[1.5 carbs] with peppers and onions topping
[1 carbs] and cheese

LUNCH
[2 carbs] 1 slice of LC pizza (Big Daddy D's crust)
[0 carbs] with ground beef and sausage topping
[1 carbs] with diced tomatoes and chilis topping
[1.5 carbs] with peppers and onions topping
[1 carbs] and cheese

DINNER
[0 carbs] bacon
[2 carbs] queso blanco
[5 carbs] LC ice cream
[1 carb] pecans

TOTAL 21 carbs for today

4 comments:

  1. I'll do your hair!
    If only I were there!
    ;D
    You look stunning no matter what!
    And the Dreamfields - I know....
    I had to back way off, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a Brazilian Blowout??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making me smile. Stunning eh? :) Dreamfield's is evil, but only because I have trouble eating a proper serving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brazilian Blowout is a keratin treatment that smooths the cuticle for reportedly several months. Google it and look at some before and after pics. I want. :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...