Saturday, February 19, 2011

cheat day

Down another pound this morning! That makes 6 total since I started this new slow-carb thang. Today is the "prescribed cheat day" and I haven't eaten anything yet and it's almost 10am. I don't plan to go crazy nuts but I do intend to not count carbs and calories today. Saturday mornings are going to be when I weigh and record what's happening with this.

I drank 20 ounces of water already, have taken my supplements and have exercised prior to breakfast.

I hope my metabolism will be confused as heck and won't be shutting down my efforts anytime soon. That makes me think of an old quote that says the definition of insanity is doing the same thing while expecting a different result. I think the definition of a stall is doing the same thing, eating the same, counting calories/carbs the same, weeks on end and yet NOT seeing the same weight loss result.

In losing weight at least, it seems like doing the same thing and seeing a different result (often no result) isn't far fetched. It has been very common for me to do the same thing that produced a loss in the beginning and see nothing happen at all. My body seems to catch on to what I am routinely doing and thwart the effort.

In response I tend to eat less. That gives me a little loss for a little while and then nothing. So I would eat even LESS ... and so on.

So here's to trying something different.


End of the week 4HB track record:

Recorded Saturday Feb 19, 2011
Last cheat day gain: +2 pounds
This week weight loss: -6 pounds
TOTAL loss: -4 pounds

4 comments:

  1. Good morning! Congrats on your loss! I'm with you...today will be a relaxed day, but no craziness. To be honest, I really didn't even think about or plan for today. I think that is a good thing.

    Anyway, I don't have time to do a post this morning, but I wanted to tell you...I've lost 2 lbs since last Saturday! Yay! Since I'm so close to goal, 2 lbs is a lot for me! Also lost another 1/2 inch (each) off my chest, waist and hip.

    Enjoy your cheat day! See ya later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited at your weight loss ! Congrats. It is good to know that even when exercising it's good to 'mix up' the routines, that way the muscles get confused. Routine can get *boring*. I'm glad u found a new way to brighten UP !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Oct
    Hope you're having a good cheat day!

    Check out this website I just found...

    http://www.4hbtalk.com/index.php

    It has a lot of folks discussing various 4HB topics. Very interesting and helpful. I found some answers to some of the things I've been wondering about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace - CONGRATS! I know how significant a 2 pound loss is when you don't have much to go. That's very very cool. I hope you had a good cheat day too and that it rev'd you up for another good week. Thank you for the link. I will visit it soon.

    bayoubabe - Thank you. :) I've heard about muscle confusion a lot and know that it works with exercise. I hope it works with eating too!

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...