Thursday, February 24, 2011

stripes and flashing lights

I feel more "me" in stripes than in dots.
I was startled by sudden flashing lights behind me not even too far out of the gate. I immediately turned on my signal and began to slow and pull over. The cop car blasted past me like a bat out of Hades. When I reached the intersection there were 3 other police cars blocking things off and a man standing in the middle directing traffic around what at a glance was a pretty significant wreck. It was my turn to go so I didn't have time to look it over very well but I did see an upside-down car with no front bumper. Maybe I can catch what happened on an Indy news site later.

No woosh again today but I am down to only half a pound above what I ended last week. Two more days will very likely give me a teeny tiny total loss for the week. Though I'm frustrated I know it's too soon to change direction so I'm just going to stick with this for a few more weeks to give it a fair opportunity.

I do feel better in that I've given up artificial sweets, dairy and diet soda on all but one day a week. That isn't as tough as I thought it would be but mentally I am feeling a little sulky at giving up so much and not seeing a big loss on the scale.

My first instinct is to can the beans (remove them) and to eat about half of what I have been in total meal size. I'm not going to do that. I might reduce the amount of beans but I don't think removing them completely is the key. My MS hasn't been reacting like it does to high carbs so I really do think the low glycemic index doesn't spike my blood sugar. My meals have already been small so eating even less seems counter-intuitive to stabilizing my metabolism. I guess I'll stick with what I've been doing and not make knee-jerk reactions. ((-_-))

This week has been way overloaded for Cro at work and very stressful for me at work. Tomorrow is Friday at least ... but today is blah. Ooh, and I get my hair cut and highlights tomorrow night. I'm slightly less blue than I was yesterday ... I blame the polka dots.

7:30am (half of this)
chicken, red beans, diced onion

11:00am (the other half of above)
chicken, red beans, diced onion

3:30pm
pork shoulder, mild chili peppers

6:30pm
pork shoulder, mild chili peppers

3 comments:

  1. Your picture today is so pretty! You are always pretty, but today, extra pretty. Is it all the beans?

    =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my hair done today :) Go Girl :) Since I started exercising, I have only lost one pound last week. BUT, I think I'm loosing inches . Glad the cops were not after you LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, ty. I think it's a combination of the beans and that the strips makes me feel happy. :)

    I'm glad the cops weren't after me too ... and a little confused that I didn't see any news reports of the accident yesterday. You'd think that an accident that resulted in someone's car being flipped upside-down would be newsworthy.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...