Friday, February 11, 2011

stuffed bell peppers

Hey, the elevator didn't do the jolting stop a foot past my floor this morning. I can tell already that it's going to be a good day. Even if it isn't, it's Friday ... that automatically makes it better.

video

Comcast came out and fixed the wires that their guys clipped yesterday. The guy that hooked us up again had some angry words about the team that made the error. He called them idiots and told Cro how they not only clipped our wire but tried to fix it after they finished with the neighbors line by patching ours to a dead line. Cro had a specific name for the dead line but I've forgotten it. It's something like a grounding wire I guess.

Critter has begun a habit of gently nipping at my finger before he takes the treat. Sort of cute since he doesn't seem to want to hurt me. Buddy has started hanging out under the habitat a few minutes after I get home. I suppose he's noticed my routine of coming home then checking on the critter. He follows me to the kitchen after to watch me check his own food and water. Yeah, I have routines and it's fun to notice that he changes his to follow mine.

I made stuffed bell peppers last night. I think I was cooking when Cro got home past 9. I wanted to have something good and low carb for lunch today. They turned out yummy as usual. I browned 1 pound of ground beef, 1 medium onion diced (about 8 carbs), diced orange bell pepper (a strip from each of the 4 I used to stuff which were about 8 net carbs each), then added 4 ounces of jalapeƱo queso blanco cheese (4 carbs) and 8oz of cream cheese (8 carbs) and stirred until it was melted. This I stuffed into 4 orange bell peppers that had been broiled with a coating of olive oil. Lastly I topped them off with a pinch of shredded mozzarella and shredded sharp cheddar and placed them back under the broiler for a couple of minutes. Four home-cooked meals at about 13 carbs each!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
BREAKFAST
[1 carbs] sharp white cheddar
[2 carbs] pecans

LUNCH
[13 carbs] 1 stuffed bell pepper

DINNER
[13 carbs] probably a stuffed pepper

TOTAL 29 carbs for today

3 comments:

  1. Blankity blank wires!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy Friday. I have been dreaming about stuffed peppers. I think I will make some this weekend. Yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy weekends sans blankity blank Anne!

    And Happy Friday Donna. :) If you have been dreaming about stuffed peppers I think it's time you make some. They are very good and always less work to make than I start off thinking they will be. Maybe I've got my skills honed.

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...