Monday, February 28, 2011

the total for a day

I noticed many intersections were flooded today on my route to work. Better than snow, imo ... but Cro and I live on high ground so don't feel the agony of flooding that people a few blocks down the road probably fear. We even have a creek going through the back yard but though the neighbor's yard next door often looks like a mini lake, ours doesn't. The good luck of that isn't lost on me ... but we still have to pay flood insurance. Bah.

This week promises to be very stressful and busy as we (at work) collectively finish and test a project that has been ongoing for well over two years.

I'm feeling good with the fresh hair cut and highlights though. It's really not fair how appearance has such a huge effect on my confidence. Small things like wearing the wrong shirt can bring my mood down for the whole day. Oddly, that "wrong" shirt might be a "right" shirt on another day or in combination with other jeans or with a jacket.

I'm looking forward to this week of the diet. Today I'm eating exactly the same meal: same items and same measured quantities. I think I'll also figure out carbs and calories since that can easily be done this morning. I've taken my supplements and plan to have 20oz of water with each of my four meals ... I started off the morning with 16oz of water and will finish the day with another 16oz glass. So water intake for the day will be 112oz at minimum. Still no diet soda though I did have diet orange soda with Splenda on my Saturday free day. :) It was great to have my diet soda on that day but I'm happy on just water during the rest of the week.

So here's today:

meal1
90grams of ground sirloin [0 carbs, 183 calories]
quarter cup of Eden Organic red beans [6 net carbs, 50 calories]
quarter cup of broccoli and cauliflower mixed [1 carb, 13 calories]
half TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking the veggies [0 carbs, 59.5 calories]
sprinkle of sea salt

meal2
90grams of ground sirloin [0 carbs, 183 calories]
quarter cup of Eden Organic red beans [6 net carbs, 50 calories]
quarter cup of broccoli and cauliflower mixed [1 carb, 13 calories]
half TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking the veggies [0 carbs, 59.5 calories]
sprinkle of sea salt

meal3
90grams of ground sirloin [0 carbs, 183 calories]
quarter cup of Eden Organic red beans [6 net carbs, 50 calories]
quarter cup of broccoli and cauliflower mixed [1 carb, 13 calories]
half TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking the veggies [0 carbs, 59.5 calories]
sprinkle of sea salt

meal4
90grams of ground sirloin [0 carbs, 183 calories]
quarter cup of Eden Organic red beans [6 net carbs, 50 calories]
quarter cup of broccoli and cauliflower mixed [1 carb, 13 calories]
half TBSP extra virgin olive oil for cooking the veggies [0 carbs, 59.5 calories]
sprinkle of sea salt

TOTAL: 28 carbs, 1222 calories


7:30am
ground beef, red beans, broccoli & cauliflower

11:30am 
ground beef, red beans, broccoli & cauliflower

3:30pm
ground beef, red beans, broccoli & cauliflower
6:45pm
ground beef, red beans, broccoli & cauliflower


No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...