Wednesday, February 23, 2011

waiting on a woosh

trying a few polka dots for a change
Hanging in there. No diet soda, no cheese, nothing sweet, nothing artificially sweet, lots and lots of water and same boring meals on a rigid time schedule. I'm a little blue today but the diet has nothing to do with it. So off I go and get to it. Lots of deadlines to meet before end of day Friday.

One very nice thing that I did to help cheer me up a little was to make a hair appointment for Friday after work. I just have to be sure to leave here by 5:15 so I make the appointment on time. A cut and highlights is overdue again.

Oh my, that chicken breast that I cooked last night has an overpowering garlic smell. It's good but wow, no vampires will be after me today. I sauteed them with minced garlic that Cro had brought home in a big spice jar from Sam's Club (the place that sells everything in bulk sizes). I guess it was supposed to be rehydrated prior to sprinkling over the chicken. Maybe I should use recipes more often but I was going for simple with a sprinkle of spice. Dehydrated minced garlic is a bit stronger than a sprinkle of garlic salt. lol

One other thing that would cheer me up bigtime would be a little woosh from the scale. Maybe tomorrow ... hopefully by Saturday morning. At least I'm still below where I started but like my little hamster, I'm hopping up and down in anticipation. (And in my head I hear that word Rocky Horror Picture Show style. Antici ... ... ... pation.)

7:30am. Half of this:
chicken, red beans, garlic and onion

11:30pm ...
oops, I ate before I remembered the photo!
this WAS pork shoulder, mild chili peppers

3:30pm
chicken, red beans, garlic and onion

7:00pm
pork shoulder, mild chili peppers

4 comments:

  1. That looks good! I decided sometime in the middle of the night to go back to my chicken and celery lunches for this work week. Funny the things I think of when tossing and turning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TY Jack! I'll woosh the woosh fairy your way when I see it go by.

    It was good Donna, but not as good as Cro's slow roasted pork which was so good that I ate it before remembering to take a photo. :D I had to post a pic of the last bite just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the great work.. I only lost ONE pound last week.. hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...