Sunday, March 6, 2011

Being Weekend

I tried to sleep in this morning but Buddy Cat insisted that it was time for me to get up. Cro is still sleeping in, lol.

I got up and went right to work measuring out 60grams of pork shoulder and a quarter cup of red beans into Tupperware containers and another serving in a bowl for my breakfast this morning. I also retrieved left-over broccoli from our date lunch yesterday and tossed them in olive oil before placing them under the broiler for 5 minutes. Good things are happening when I'm ordering steamed broccoli as my side on the "cheat day". I was thinking ahead to Sunday and how I never get to enjoy the leftovers but broccoli I sure could! And I did.

Tomorrow is going to be the beginning of a hell week at work but I'm trying hard to keep it out of my mind today ... it's still the weekend for now!

Cro and I watched season3, episode6 of BBC's Being Human yesterday along with the first five shorts (5-10 minutes each) of the new web-only series Becoming Human which follows three "teen" supernaturals and their stories ... very cool so far. The "teen" vampire is a 46-year-old who was turned at 16, so stuck in a 16-year-old body. His character was introduced in the Being Human series and was helped to set off on his own after the death of his living father by George, Nina, Annie and Mitch (the main characters of the Being Human story).

I'm very wrapped up in the Being Human world and will be sad when it comes to an end ... hopefully not soon! The American remake is diverging a bit from the original but still isn't as compelling. It's good enough that I do watch it though. I don't have strong ties to the characters so wouldn't do much more than shrug if it suddenly was canceled.

8:30am
60g pork shoulder, .25cup red beans, broccoli

12:30
90g sirloin, .25cup red beans, broccoli

4:30pm
90g sirloin, .25cup red beans, broccoli

6:30pm
90g sirloin, .25cup red beans, broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment

I nearly always reply to comments. Check back if you are interested.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...